5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find oil filter...

bucolic

Reaction score
So I am striking out on finding an oil filter for my 2022 EcoDiesel. Last chance is the dealer tomorrow but with what appears to be a shortage they may not want to part with them if they have them and I can't blame them. THey are booked out for a week on appointments but I'll also see if any chance of squeezing me in if I leave it a couple of days.

So my question is could I just change the oil for right now and order a filter and then swap the filter out when it arrives? Can you swap the oil filter since it is on the top of the engine without having to drain the oil?

Thanks!

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rock auto had them a few weeks ago. I ordered two.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

bucolic

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I'll order some up. A dealer near me actually has 4 filters in stock and they can do the oil change tomorrow for me. I'll get some filters on hand for the future though.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I am striking out on finding an oil filter for my 2022 EcoDiesel. Last chance is the dealer tomorrow but with what appears to be a shortage they may not want to part with them if they have them and I can't blame them. THey are booked out for a week on appointments but I'll also see if any chance of squeezing me in if I leave it a couple of days.

So my question is could I just change the oil for right now and order a filter and then swap the filter out when it arrives? Can you swap the oil filter since it is on the top of the engine without having to drain the oil?

Thanks!
Yes, I’ve done that in the past with a couple vehicles and it’s not the end of the world if it happens. Also, you can change the filter without draining oil.

Users who are viewing this thread