5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't figure out which OEM power running boards part number to use. Dealer says one, websites say different.

TravisH

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Sport Crew Cab and I want to buy the OEM power running boards. I called the local dealer and they said 82215287AC would not work, only the 2019 (there was a note). They said 82215287AE would work on my 2020.

mopar.com and other sites list AC working for 2019 and 2020. They list AE only for 2021. They also say AC replaces AB, AA. AE replaces AD. So it appears there is a difference.

*EDIT* Most sites list AC working for 19-20 but this site lists only the 19 for AC. (https://www.moparpartssurplus.com/p/Ram__/Power-Running-Boards---Crew-Cab/78571094/82215287AC.html)

I'm not sure which one to buy. Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:

Kevpilot

Reaction score
I’d be interested in what you find out. I have a 2019 Sport Crew and plan on buying the same running boards…..

TravisH

Reaction score
I’d be interested in what you find out. I have a 2019 Sport Crew and plan on buying the same running boards…..

I ended up using 82215287AE. Before my order came in I was reading instructions and I remember one of the steps was to lift up the fuse box under the hood and insert a pin in one of the connectors. The instructions included with the set I got never had me do that. Maybe there is some truth to the compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanIwan

Reaction score
I ended up using 82215287AE. Before my order came in I was reading instructions and I remember one of the steps was to lift up the fuse box under the hood and insert a pin in one of the connectors. The instructions included with the set I got never had me do that. Maybe there is some truth to the compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found a great deal on the AE version from a local seller. I have a 2019 rebel crew cab. Do you think its compatible? I worry because everything online says otherwise, but it looks like you were able to get the same part number to work on your 20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online