5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't decide on wheel decal color

Apeman

Reaction score
I put these red decals on the wheels today. I ordered red but they sent black first so I have a full set of black too. Originally was going to go all red. I put them on like this to see if maybe black and red would look good.

I might get new wheels when these tires are done but right now I haven't seen any 18" wheels I like enough to buy. I'd like a black and red set but most of what I've seen are 20".

20210807_142137.jpg

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Ultimately do what you like the look of best and nevermind what we think! I'll give you my opinion though. I was originally going to plastidip my rims black until I came across those vinyl inlays. I decided to go with blue since my truck is hydro blue. While they're not an exact color match they're close and I love the look and they're staying. I would try all red if I were you. If you don't like that give the black a try but I feel if you go half and half it would look odd. Just my 2 cents. Good luck whatever you decide.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I put these red decals on the wheels today. I ordered red but they sent black first so I have a full set of black too. Originally was going to go all red. I put them on like this to see if maybe black and red would look good.

I might get new wheels when these tires are done but right now I haven't seen any 18" wheels I like enough to buy. I'd like a black and red set but most of what I've seen are 20".

View attachment 102225

Check Out www.americantrucks.com , they sell wheel and tire packages.
Plus www.simpletire.com sells sets as well and they have great prices too.

Ramzilla01

Reaction score

View attachment 102225

Ramzilla01

Reaction score
If you want my opinion, I don’t like wheels that match the color of the truck. I like wheels that highlight the truck, an Inexpensive alternate is Fuel. I put a set of vortex wheels with red highlights on my black truck it looks sweet, again just my opinion but I’m also 50 yrs old! Lol

Attachments

• 66682426-D19C-4525-829F-08F8AC4F7F5C.jpeg
    66682426-D19C-4525-829F-08F8AC4F7F5C.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 90
  • E55A974F-B4C5-455E-A7E8-D4F10456C8A4.jpeg
    E55A974F-B4C5-455E-A7E8-D4F10456C8A4.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 88

Apeman

Reaction score
If you want my opinion, I don’t like wheels that match the color of the truck. I like wheels that highlight the truck, an Inexpensive alternate is Fuel. I put a set of vortex wheels with red highlights on my black truck it looks sweet, again just my opinion but I’m also 50 yrs old! Lol
I like those but I shouod still have at least 25K of life left on my tires so I don't want 20s right now. The other thing is I don't want them sticking out much if at all and the offset choices are limited. I see a lot of 18s with negative offset

Apeman

Reaction score
I put the rest of the red on. It's a lot of red once they're all on. I'm going to use the black strips on the lip instead of the red. That would be way too much red. I'll give these a chance to see how they last. Maybe I'll swap them for the black and go with a red lip later on.

20210809_170014.jpg

I plastidipped the wheels on my last truck and they held up great until the first tire change. I just sprayed over the scuffed up areas and it seemed all right until after the winter I noticed it peeled and the rims were pitted and blemished from salt getting under the dip

1awesomelaw

Reaction score

Maybe you should paint your tow hooks red too. to take some play off of the wheels and add a as my wife says a Pop of color up front.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Do the decals mess up the wheels? Do they stay on? Gah I needs teal and that ‘pop of color’ on my tow hooks Teehee
Go all red is my vote but your the one that has to look at it so do what you like

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I put the rest of the red on. It's a lot of red once they're all on. I'm going to use the black strips on the lip instead of the red. That would be way too much red. I'll give these a chance to see how they last. Maybe I'll swap them for the black and go with a red lip later on.

View attachment 102401

I plastidipped the wheels on my last truck and they held up great until the first tire change. I just sprayed over the scuffed up areas and it seemed all right until after the winter I noticed it peeled and the rims were pitted and blemished from salt getting under the dip
Go Black Stay Black !

Ramzilla01

Reaction score
I like those but I shouod still have at least 25K of life left on my tires so I don't want 20s right now. The other thing is I don't want them sticking out much if at all and the offset choices are limited. I see a lot of 18s with negative offset
Understood my wheels are -19 about an 1” outside the wheel well

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Pigs like to feel pretty too haha
But nobody spent $70,000 on a pig to slap lipstick on it so you don’t spend that kind of money and slap stickers on the wheels invest and wheels that are already painted

blankcanvas

Reaction score
But nobody spent $70,000 on a pig to slap lipstick on it so you don’t spend that kind of money and slap stickers on the wheels invest and wheels that are already painted
I dunno bud I know some folks that spend a pretty penny on those fair pigs… i think Wilbur might’ve been worth about that 🤔

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I dunno bud I know some folks that spend a pretty penny on those fair pigs… i think Wilbur might’ve been worth about that 🤔
Though I don't think wilbur will be putting stickers on his wagon to hall things around.
Perhaps a velvet bag for his nuts is in order too.
The way I see it is, you don't spend 60-70K on a truck and add stickers to it, spend the extra hard earned money and by good wheels. Just saying....

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I want to set the record straight and apologize for busting on your stickers on the rims, in no way were my comments made to make you feel bad.
I just wonder how long they will last really with driving. probably not long if you were off-roading or driving through mud.
Best of luck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread