5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't decide on exhaust Borla S-Type or Awe 0fg for the 5.7L

Which exhaust should I get for my '19 Rebel.

• AWE 0fg

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Borla S-Type

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Nova90

Reaction score
PM sent.

Man, thank you to ALL you guys and gals for the feedback. Reading these reviews to complement the endless hours of audio and videos, it’s helping tremendously.

This forum as a whole has been a big help as I’ve started to add to my truck. I only recently joined but the responsiveness and the willingness to help is much appreciated.

Like I said, I’m gonna back off here as I don’t want to hijack this guys posting and request for help but wanted to say thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, you don't have to apologize as you are only trying to decide between similar options as the original poster. The collective feedback from everyone here is what makes this site so valuable and we all have the opportunity to learn. Bottom line, if you have the opportunity to actually listen to an exhaust system in person...that is the best option as everyone has different opinions. That being said, I really doubt you would be disappointed in the outside sound and the interior cabin sound (or maybe more appropriately lack of) for the AWE system. They seemed to hit it perfectly.

Kujo

Reaction score
Quite jealous you’re that close in proximity. Wish I had that opportunity.

The more folks that chime in on their AWE experience, the more impressed I am by that system.

I didn’t mean to hijack this persons thread, so I apologize but do appreciate all the feedback I’m able to obtain.

Haha don't look at it like that, now people who have the same decision-making problem in the future have somewhere to look.

Kujo

Reaction score
PM sent.

Man, thank you to ALL you guys and gals for the feedback. Reading these reviews to complement the endless hours of audio and videos, it’s helping tremendously.

This forum as a whole has been a big help as I’ve started to add to my truck. I only recently joined but the responsiveness and the willingness to help is much appreciated.

Like I said, I’m gonna back off here as I don’t want to hijack this guys posting and request for help but wanted to say thank you!

Like Nova90 said ur not highjacking man this is what the Forums are for it so u can look for help from other people in our community, so I also wanna say thank you to everyone who also gave their helpful input.

Nova90

Reaction score
Stopped by AWE Tuning to have them install an AWE 0FG cat-back exhaust. They are having some issues with their supplier related to the quality of their last delivery of black tips. We had to push back the install a couple of times while we waited for the black tips. They offered to get the install completed and put the silver ones on for now until the black ones come in. The truck sounds unbelievable. We drove it to our beach house in NJ (a little over 2 hours each way) this weekend and the interior comfort is not compromised one bit...cruised 70-80 on the Atlantic City Expressway with no drone whatsoever...radio on 6...and could still have a conversation in the cab with no problem. Just what I wanted. I wanted to wake it up a bit while not wanting to hang myself after long drives.

IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg

markdonahu3

Reaction score
Stopped by AWE Tuning to have them install an AWE 0FG cat-back exhaust. They are having some issues with their supplier related to the quality of their last delivery of black tips. We had to push back the install a couple of times while we waited for the black tips. They offered to get the install completed and put the silver ones on for now until the black ones come in. The truck sounds unbelievable. We drove it to our beach house in NJ (a little over 2 hours each way) this weekend and the interior comfort is not compromised one bit...cruised 70-80 on the Atlantic City Expressway with no drone whatsoever...radio on 6...and could still have a conversation in the cab with no problem. Just what I wanted. I wanted to wake it up a bit while not wanting to hang myself after long drives.

View attachment 125119
View attachment 125120
View attachment 125121
View attachment 125122

Love to hear another positive experience seeing as I wound up ordering the system with black tips about 10 days ago. With the supply chain and manufacturing issues, it’s expected and based on the feedback I don’t mind the wait!

Nova90

Reaction score
Love to hear another positive experience seeing as I wound up ordering the system with black tips about 10 days ago. With the supply chain and manufacturing issues, it’s expected and based on the feedback I don’t mind the wait!

The black tips might delay the shipping on any newly manufactured set, unless a distributor already has one in stock. The installer told me that they order 700 sets of black tips at a time from their supplier. On their last delivery, they rejected over 70% of them because they were not happy with the quality of the electroplating on them. They are very particular when it comes to quality and treat every system as if it was on their vehicle. They even have those saying painted on the walls inside their lobby.

markdonahu3

Reaction score
The black tips might delay the shipping on any newly manufactured set, unless a distributor already has one in stock. The installer told me that they order 700 sets of black tips at a time from their supplier. On their last delivery, they rejected over 70% of them because they were not happy with the quality of the electroplating on them. They are very particular when it comes to quality and treat every system as if it was on their vehicle. They even have those saying painted on the walls inside their lobby.

While the delays can be frustrating to some, that level of detail and commitment to quality is impressive. Honestly, I’ve got patience if it means they’re taking the time to weed out the bad products and only deliver the highest quality stuff.

Glad I ordered directly through them and not a 3rd party vendor after all.

Appreciate the info and insight!

sppb32

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the Borla S type, such a clean muscle sound, i had a 07 Mustang GT with Mac Boom tubes it sounded amazing, but the Ram sounds even better.

mpaone1040

Reaction score
I have the S-type. Didn’t have time to install it myself,had local Monro dealership install it for $100. Well worth it, if there are fitment issues I don’t notice them. I will say that it is loud in the am and im out by 5am so wife and kids aren’t happy but that ok, they should be up by then too.

Attachments

• 81D67E99-CFAD-4256-8D1A-E78589A9F8ED.jpeg
    81D67E99-CFAD-4256-8D1A-E78589A9F8ED.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 31027CE9-5ED4-4043-83DB-0D1BBE509C30.jpeg
    31027CE9-5ED4-4043-83DB-0D1BBE509C30.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online