5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Decide- Is Putting Laramie 22's Takeoffs On 2019 Big Horn Too Cheesy?! lol

Jaysond

Reaction score
Both are nice, but gotta say, IMHO, the rim in this case doesn't make much difference, it's the removal of the white letter tire that looks better in the second image. Again, just my preference. White letters left us in the early 90's, but I can understand if some of you uh, "gently aged folk" prefer the white letter look ;)
Yeah that black on black on black on black look is really amazing, your generation is just overflowing with artistic masterpieces. How DO you DO IT?? :rolleyes:

Just my opinion. The white letters help break up that look, add a little interest.

Last edited:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah that black on black on black on black look is really amazing, your generation is just overflowing with artistic masterpieces. How DO you DO IT?? :rolleyes:

Just my opinion. The white letters help break up that look, add a little interest.

You know what also "breaks up that look"? White walls. Somehow I don't think you'd put them on though, there is something about "moving on" from the past and looking modern.

White letters on a 2020 truck is like wearing cowboy boots under a suit. It's a mix/clash of styles, neither style is necessarily bad, it's just the mix of the two that doesn't work.

Again, just my opinion.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Sooooo, what’s the outcome then ? :)

Hey Porboy!

Yah, definitely going to do it. The more i look at it, the more i like it : ) Worst case, will have to bug the man to devote an afternoon to "switching back" and getting my sensors switched : ) Will post pic when his lift is in and he "gifts me his 22's" : ) Don't expect it will look much different than the photoshopped pic i did, as i am a Master Extraordinaire Photoshopper...lol

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

Yup i definitely agree, which is why i "turned the white letters facing out" the second i got Black Beauty The Sequel : ) But now with less tire showing and more wheel, i think i like the "all black look better".....

To me, with the OEM 20's, they looked like inner tubes, not tires lol (and all that armour all the dealer prepped it with didn't help) maybe had they been TOYO's or had some tread, that woulda "helped break up the look" also... Hey maybe.... nah.... lol

Here's his 2019 4x4 black Ram that we traded for his 2020 laramie & it didn't need white letters... so i think an aggressive tire is the trick or white letters, if you will...lol

2019 4x4-2.jpg

2019 4x4-1.jpg

I was tempted to keep his and trade mine, but i just could NOT part with my RAMBOX or Blind Spot :)

rambox.jpg

Last edited:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey' y'all, been awhile : )

and yesssssssssssssss i KNOW, it only matters what i think, and yet, i really like them both! And since hubby is gonna put 37's on his Laramie, the 22's will just join our ever growing wheel collection (still even have his dang Laramie takeoffs 2010 wheels in our garage...you never know, he says...lol

i photoshopped onto my "loaded everything but the dang kitchen sink & @#$&^%! proximity key Lonestar....i can't decide if "clunky chiseled wheels that i got look better" so i thought i'd get a few weigh ins...

Thanks!

Current:
View attachment 52332

Photoshopped Laramie Wheels:
View attachment 52333
Just my eye and opinion, but from a pure athestic viewpoint I think the Laramie wheels look a lot better on your all-black truck.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031709 miles.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You know what also "breaks up that look"? White walls. Somehow I don't think you'd put them on though, there is something about "moving on" from the past and looking modern.

White letters on a 2020 truck is like wearing cowboy boots under a suit. It's a mix/clash of styles, neither style is necessarily bad, it's just the mix of the two that doesn't work.

Again, just my opinion.
What’s wrong with cowboy boots under a suit ?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

Again, just my opinion.

Well here in Texas i see cowboy boots with suits ALL the time, and the occasional vehicle with white walls
Just my eye and opinion, but from a pure athestic viewpoint I think the Laramie wheels look a lot better on your all-black truck.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031709 miles.
Yup yup, 100% agree : ) Won't be long now, at the halfway point : ) Looks worlds better, and i didn't think that was possible : )

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
...Heck, if you really want to torque the husband, put one on for one side so you can look at the difference between fronts and backs, or put two on one side and leave the others on for a side by side comparison instead of shopping it.....
IMG-1740.jpg

i never post photos of my truck from this sideview, it is absolutely the WORST angle and every RAM i ever had ALWAYS looks janky, and rake always looks MOST severe... Even my BEST lifted trucks never looked right when the camera looked at it dead on/side view but for y'all i did : )

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Looks great and far from Cheesy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, i didn't realize the grille and taillights on Laramies are now EXACTLY the same as BIG Horns IF you get the LED lighting group, so really, from the outside the ONLY difference is the fender flares, so i absolutely agree "not cheesey" AT ALL : )

4th gen Laramie's had a number of aesthetic differences on the exterior, and swapping wheels with a big horn looked bad to my eye....i've seen some and i'm like "nuh uh"...lol But now with the same grille, same LED lights, black badging and all black truck, EASILY works and really well : ) - quite happy with the outcome, so now i have TWO sets of the Black chunky chiseled wheels sitting in garage cuz when i traded BB for BB The Sequel i kept her Blk Appearance wheels cuz i loved them so much lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread