5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Decide- Is Putting Laramie 22's Takeoffs On 2019 Big Horn Too Cheesy?! lol

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Hey' y'all, been awhile : )

and yesssssssssssssss i KNOW, it only matters what i think, and yet, i really like them both! And since hubby is gonna put 37's on his Laramie, the 22's will just join our ever growing wheel collection (still even have his dang Laramie takeoffs 2010 wheels in our garage...you never know, he says...lol

i photoshopped onto my "loaded everything but the dang kitchen sink & @#$&^%! proximity key Lonestar....i can't decide if "clunky chiseled wheels that i got look better" so i thought i'd get a few weigh ins...

Thanks!

Current:
Lonestar Wheels.jpg

Photoshopped Laramie Wheels:
Laramie Wheels.jpg

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it looks better as is, I have 22’s and can’t wait to get rid of them once I find something else I like.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Both are nice, but gotta say, IMHO, the rim in this case doesn't make much difference, it's the removal of the white letter tire that looks better in the second image. Again, just my preference. White letters left us in the early 90's, but I can understand if some of you uh, "gently aged folk" prefer the white letter look ;)

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Both are nice, but gotta say, IMHO, the rim in this case doesn't make much difference, it's the removal of the white letter tire that looks better in the second image. Again, just my preference. White letters left us in the early 90's, but I can understand if some of you uh, "gently aged folk" prefer the white letter look ;)
lol i kinda thought like you, when i FIRST ordered my 2nd 2019, it came WITH the white letters turned in & I actually had them turned out, for TWO reasons...For one, the FIRST time i saw it i was like, "its TOO black (dint think that was possible...lol ) Also when it got dirty, it really looked bad to me, and the white letters showing helped "break up the look" Plus i think "more wheel (20 vs 22) makes the truck sleeker & less "clunky" so i'll more than likely do it : ) : )

Here's it with ALL black and stock wheels,

moore.JPG

carols truck troy wheels 3.jpg

Here's the 2019 i had before when dirty WITH the white letters:

dirt 2019.jpg

Midnight1988

Reaction score

and yesssssssssssssss i KNOW, it only matters what i think, and yet, i really like them both! And since hubby is gonna put 37's on his Laramie, the 22's will just join our ever growing wheel collection (still even have his dang Laramie takeoffs 2010 wheels in our garage...you never know, he says...lol

i photoshopped onto my "loaded everything but the dang kitchen sink & @#$&^%! proximity key Lonestar....i can't decide if "clunky chiseled wheels that i got look better" so i thought i'd get a few weigh ins...

Thanks!

Current:
View attachment 52332

View attachment 52333

Thanks!

Current:
View attachment 52332

View attachment 52333
I think the 22” wheels look better if only they were 20s. I would go for it. Also great job with the photoshop.

derp

Reaction score
my opinion, if you've got some take offs just sitting around and have the question to solve, go for it. That rubber does nothing stacked in the garage. put it on the road and see how you like it. Heck, if you really want to torque the husband, put one on for one side so you can look at the difference between fronts and backs, or put two on one side and leave the others on for a side by side comparison instead of shopping it.

The only real value that rubber has is when it is on a truck, and only for a limited time (firestone dry-rot tires).

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd say do it, I'd love to find a set of those wheels for my Night Edition. Would be even better to find someone who wanted to trade for my 20".

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd go with the 22's after you wear out the original tires. I wouldn't let the tires just sit and age though. As already mentioned, rubber rots over time

Hey...I resemble that remark. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I love the look of the white letters on my Laramie...
2020 RAM 2 full size.png

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Hopefully I’m not too Cheesy I put them on my Big Horn lol. I think they look great and definitely worth putting on.
01c604b28d210648bbfb239cae586b80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Man, I wish I could find the all black 22's for my Midnight LongHorn. I would do it in a heartbeat!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The meat on the 20s makes the ride nicer. I've seen some potholes lately that would eat those 22s for breakfast. Also the 5 spokes are easier to clean. Now if you had some aftermarket calipers and rotors to show off that's a different story

Last edited:

derp

Reaction score
I'd say do it, I'd love to find a set of those wheels for my Night Edition. Would be even better to find someone who wanted to trade for my 20".
funny thing that. I want more rubber before the road and you want less. we might as well be on opposite sides of the globe for all it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread