5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't change radio stations while Android Auto is active on split screen?

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue?

If I have the 12" on split screen with Android Auto up top, and radio below......I can't use the steering wheel controls to change radio stations.

Odd....go back to full screen radio - works fine.

ewag

Reaction score
Agree, same problem. Unless using some audio through the phone, steering wheel controls for stations or next track etc. don't seem to work at all. Not sure if this is a true "problem" or just the way the intended it to be (even if we think it's dumb). Also don't know if it's something that Android Auto causes, or if it's Uconnect based, but it definitely has something to do w/ using Android Auto.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes.. same with apple car play .. very frustrating and basically leaves me not using CarPlay. but got this this morning so maybe some fixes are inside jgB1fV6UR3eJTz0xR2qc2Q.jpg

Reaction score
Just saw that as well.......hit update......but didn't see anything - I had to step out of the truck - so ....... doubt its doing it while I'm not sitting there lol

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually if you said yes then yes it will. it required the truck to be off.. I made sure to say yes and this was taken after I came back to check

Reaction score
Actually if you said yes then yes it will. it required the truck to be off.. I made sure to say yes and this was taken after I came back to check

makes sense........I'll go take a peek in a bit.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh, thats not bad......I can live with that!
Be on the lookout today for an update if you haven't seen it already. Accept it and let it do its thing. This was a big fix for me.. I love having carplay there. Just couldn't handle not being able to switch stations. I am bad about changing stations all the time.

Reaction score
Be on the lookout today for an update if you haven't seen it already. Accept it and let it do its thing. This was a big fix for me.. I love having carplay there. Just couldn't handle not being able to switch stations. I am bad about changing stations all the time.

me too.........I took the truck out this morning, it popped up when I got home. I told it to run, and I'll check it out later and see if its working.

ewag

Reaction score
Great timing for the original posting of this question. As 19RamLimited said, fixed in the update is spot on. I can confirm that when using Android Auto in split screen and SXM on the bottom, the steering wheel channel rocker switch will scroll thru the channels, and the button in the middle will roll through the presets.

I also agree w/ someone from a different thread today (https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-on-12-uconnect-7-26-2018.1133/) who said about the update also making the radio louder.... I don’t think I would have noticed it if not for the post. Only way I could really tell was listining to familar song and “familiar” perceived sound level and realizing it was a much lower # out of 40.

Users who are viewing this thread