5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot re-establish Uconnect services. SIRUS says unit is not connected to network?

Kurant

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with the 12".

I had NAV issues last year and my dealer replaced the radio. Since then, my Uconnect has never worked. My auto start service didn't work anymore + it was the middle of summer and didn't care, so I let the subscription expire, so while it was in this week for service, I had them take a look at it. There is "no hardware issues" they said and told me they couldn't do anything until I reconnected my services. So I called and got the same response when the error popped up on their end from SIRIUS that I got last time, and I asked the guy how do explain to the tech at the dealer what the issue is. He told me the unit was not connected to the network.

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but is there a way to reestablish the network that I can do? Or is this something the dealer has to fix?

Mac Man

Reaction score
I'm no expert on this subject. Maybe call the Sirius Guardian people (800-290-2174) and see what if anything they can do to help. Maybe they can help establish the connection on their end. You may need serial numbers etc. from your new radio for them to do.

moabbikr

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with the 12".

I had NAV issues last year and my dealer replaced the radio. Since then, my Uconnect has never worked. My auto start service didn't work anymore + it was the middle of summer and didn't care, so I let the subscription expire, so while it was in this week for service, I had them take a look at it. There is "no hardware issues" they said and told me they couldn't do anything until I reconnected my services. So I called and got the same response when the error popped up on their end from SIRIUS that I got last time, and I asked the guy how do explain to the tech at the dealer what the issue is. He told me the unit was not connected to the network.

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but is there a way to reestablish the network that I can do? Or is this something the dealer has to fix?
Any luck? Many of us in the same boat..

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If a radio is replaced and the dealer did not contacted SIRIUS to change the radio ID, it will not work. Contact SIRIUS and tell them you had the radio replaced and give them your new radio ID number. They have to add this to your VIN. and get it re-connected.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any luck? Many of us in the same boat..
Hi moabbikr,

Like MannyN mentioned, there might be an issue with the ID on the new radio that needs to be updated. If you're having troubles and need assistance with this, we're available to check further into your vehicle details to assist.

Steph
Ram Cares

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
If a radio is replaced and the dealer did not contacted SIRIUS to change the radio ID, it will not work. Contact SIRIUS and tell them you had the radio replaced and give them your new radio ID number. They have to add this to your VIN. and get it re-connected.
That's exactly what i did last year after dealer replaced my radio.
I asked sirius to tell me what serial number they had in their system under my VIN, then gave them the new serial number.
20 minutes later everything worked again.

I recommend you update to version 40.1 first.

moabbikr

Reaction score
My issue with related to the cellular card. Does Nav work? Can you call SOS? If you go to your wifi setting does it show signal? If no on all of these I would suspect you're in the same boat. The good news is that you can get a replacement air card off of eBay for $50 and it fixes everything..

Users who are viewing this thread