5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancelling an order?

speedgeek

Reaction score
At what stage can an order be successfully canceled/not built? I have an order with a dealer which is currently in D Status since March. I understand that there are others who have and are waiting longer then I have to have status flip and start processing. I have debated on cancelling the order and just find something on a dealers lot, or work with another dealer, but I have a deposit down. Initially I was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks to have action on the truck, but that was before I discovered this forum to see what was really happening out there.

Even if I cancel with the dealer and they refuse to return the deposit it might be worth doing as it seems there are no shortage of dealers out there, who would give a much better deal for something on the lot.

I would expect that if a truck has not been scheduled, that it would be possible to cancel it with the factory? Can anyone tell me different?

Thanks!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can cancel at anytime if your OK with losing your deposit. You can even walk away the day your supposed to take delivery. The dealer won’t care. They made extra money on your deposit and will quickly sell it to somebody else.

Users who are viewing this thread