5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancelled my order

Daleone3

Reaction score
I would normally agree but there are labor shortages with some of the transportation companies and trucks have been sitting waiting for a ride. While damage in shipping is definitely a thing, it's not always the case.
Agreed however this is a larger area dealer and the two smaller dealers I talked to (people I know well) indicated it is not a good sign to not have it at Railyard for now 26 days and not see it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have a local friend that used to delever cars from railyard to dealers. He said that as long as the vehicle makes it off of the car hauler at dealerships, the carrier company and driver, are no longer responsible for any of the damage

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed however this is a larger area dealer and the two smaller dealers I talked to (people I know well) indicated it is not a good sign to not have it at Railyard for now 26 days and not see it.
There are a lot of different scenarios as to what it could be sitting for so long. We had a 2500 stuck at a railyard for almost 60 days because of lost keys.

CCA

Reaction score
Why would you order a new classic? Never understood why they still make the classic. Same looks been around for over a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal preference, Money, who knows! Hopefully he ordered it because he liked it!

Im sure your much happier with the 2020 however man. How's the truck treating you? I think you made a excellent choice. & yeah, new absolutely doesn't mean not damaged. Always check the coat of a new (used too for that matter) vehicle for inconsistent paint color/thickness, specs of dust in paint (indicates a very poor job has been done), and runs ( like water droplets down a window).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Personal preference, Money, who knows! Hopefully he ordered it because he liked it!

Im sure your much happier with the 2020 however man. How's the truck treating you? I think you made a excellent choice. & yeah, new absolutely doesn't mean not damaged. Always check the coat of a new (used too for that matter) vehicle for inconsistent paint color/thickness, specs of dust in paint (indicates a very poor job has been done), and runs ( like water droplets down a window).
They come from the factory with dirt and runs in the paint. Not an indication of damage and/or repaint

CCA

Reaction score
They come from the factory with dirt and runs in the paint. Not an indication of damage and/or repaint
You're 1000% right, but it is still something to look out for & could indicate damage and/or repaint. Sorry if verbiage indicated this always meant it was one of those two things, but this is the internet. Be right someone will tell you your wrong, and vice versa. That's alright. Hopefully both mine and your post gives some insight and helps, right?

Users who are viewing this thread