5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian Sport Version?

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie coming, should be here next week. I ordered the Sport Appearance Package as I like the cool louvered hood and the monotone look. I see folks mentioning a Laramie Sport from time to time, apparently it's for the Canadian market only. What is in this package that is different than the Sport Apperance Package? Does it have some of the GT package mixed in?

Thanks!
Dan

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Laramie sport is a US package as well.

Mainly the hood, wheels, and paint matched parts on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie coming, should be here next week. I ordered the Sport Appearance Package as I like the cool louvered hood and the monotone look. I see folks mentioning a Laramie Sport from time to time, apparently it's for the Canadian market only. What is in this package that is different than the Sport Apperance Package? Does it have some of the GT package mixed in?

Thanks!
Dan
Laramie sport is a US package as well.

Mainly the hood, wheels, and paint matched parts on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's simply the "sport" trim alone that is unique to Canada I believe. As in ram sport as oppose to ram big horn sport or laramie sport etc... In the U.S. now sport is just a package to add onto an existing trim level, rather than a trim level itself.

We used to have just the sport trim in the U.S. as well, in fact I had 2 regular cab sports (2011/2013) that had no other trim designation other than sport.

As for what the Canadian sport package has, not entirely sure past color matched bumpers and I would assume the sport hood. Doubt it gets any GT specific stuff but I can't say for sure.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned above, the Ram Sport is considered its own separate trim level in Canada. It sits above the Big Horn and below the Rebel/Laramie. It is essentially just a Big Horn with the Sport package + standard V8, and probably a few other things.
You can check out the differences on ramtruck.ca

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, my understanding, though I am sure it is limited, is;
'Sport' means very different things US/Can or Big/Laramie. I do not think that the sport includes the sport hood on any trim other than the Laramie.
My US Laramie Sport has body color mirrors, 'eyebrow', door handles, bumpers, tailgate handle. Louvered hood. All black leatherish interior.

jgmac98

Reaction score
I have a Canadian Sport. it is much more than a big horn and is actually very similar to the Laramie Sport.

My particular build is a Canadian Sport GT, and the only difference between it and the Laramie Sport GT is my back seat doesn't recline and has the smaller middle seat pull down.

The Canadian Sport also has the black badging of the Night packages. It has the color matched bumpers/mirrors/door pulls, sport hood, black "carbon" interior trim

Last edited:

mike146

Reaction score
Looking at videos on youtube about the GT package, alot of them have the Canadian Sport. On the GT packaged sport, I have found the interior driver gauge cluster to be similar to Rebel, but the exterior more like a Laramie.

Go Figure. LOL.

mike146

Reaction score
I have a Canadian Sport. it is much more than a long horn and is actually very similar to the Laramie Sport.

My particular build is a Canadian Sport GT, and the only difference between it and the Laramie Sport GT is my back seat doesn't recline and has the smaller middle seat pull down.

The Canadian Sport also has the black badging of the Night packages. It has the color matched bumpers/mirrors/door pulls, sport hood, black "carbon" interior trim
thanks for the info!!

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone (ie, mech engineers) made a spreadsheet of all options for rams? Bonus points for pivot tables!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Canadian Sport. it is much more than a long horn and is actually very similar to the Laramie Sport.

Just to correct this to avoid confusion, I believe you meant to type big horn there. Longhorn is the upper trim level with the Limited.

Thanks for the other info though, I couldn't remember the specifics to the Canadian sport model.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Just to correct this to avoid confusion, I believe you meant to type big horn there. Longhorn is the upper trim level with the Limited.

Thanks for the other info though, I couldn't remember the specifics to the Canadian sport model.
yes, correct, it should have been big horn. edited my comment to reflect.

RJS

Reaction score
At the st. Paul curling club, first time trying this, what a freaking blast. Beer helped.
And the winners buy the first round, doesn't get much better. Spent over 10 years curling here in Michigan.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I have a Canadian Sport. it is much more than a big horn and is actually very similar to the Laramie Sport.

Got it, thanks! I am planning to Plastic-Dip most of my chrome badges, so it'll basically look like one. Also might do a hood graphic, but I'm yet to find one I like for the sport hood.

Users who are viewing this thread