5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian Ram 1500 Configurator and Missing Options

Danishgod

Reaction score
I have examined the Ram US and Canadian 1500 configurators and note there a several important differences.

1. Cannot get Ecodiesel on all trim levels in Canada but you can in the US.
  2. Cannot get the multifunctional gate mixed with the Ram box on lower trims, similar to Ecodiesel availability issue in point 1.
So you are forced to buy a high end trim to get anything with good mileage and flexible storage options.

Can we go to a dealer and custom order a truck with our desired options in a Big Horn trim even though it is not available on the website build configurator? Does anyone know anything about this potential?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Nope. FCA dropped the EcoDiesel on trim levels below Rebel for 2021, and didn’t produce any below rebel for 2020 due to factory shut downs. I was hoping for a ED big horn as well and tried to order. No dice for us Canadians.

The ram boxes and tailgate are hit and miss on the lower trims. Believe you can get them but might be waiting a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danishgod

Reaction score
Nope. FCA dropped the EcoDiesel on trim levels below Rebel for 2021, and didn’t produce any below rebel for 2020 due to factory shut downs. I was hoping for a ED big horn as well and tried to order. No dice for us Canadians.

The ram boxes and tailgate are hit and miss on the lower trims. Believe you can get them but might be waiting a long while.

well if the CDN dollar keeps going up, then maybe the US dealers are an option!

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
You can get a Sport model with RamBox and Multi Tailgate. I purchased my 2020 in December (in stock vehicle). During my search Sport was definitely the best value. I had also considered an Eco Diesel but didn't want the Rebel and looking at my driving I don't do enough highway to ever make the upgrade cost back

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
well if the CDN dollar keeps going up, then maybe the US dealers are an option!

Cant import them until they are 10 years old, thought about it though. Just need to get a US address and have foreign plates for 10 years....

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/