5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian headlight on/off issue

Sms92

Reaction score
I recently just purchased a ‘22 rebel a few weeks ago and noticed I don’t have the actual off position for my low beams. The truck did have one owner before me and after doing some digging found out it originally came from Canada(I’m in the us). The whole low beams always on no matter what situation is getting aggravating.. If I purchase the headlight switch panel that the US trucks come with will that fix the lowbeam as a drl problem?? Or is there more of a software road block after the switch replacement?

Damion

Reaction score
Its in the computer. Canadian trucks have the low beams on as a DRL which cannot be switched off via the switch ( Canadian traffic laws ) My 19 is the same way ( Im in Canada ).

There are light modules that will allow you to turn them off / change what lights up available though.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can change that with a Tazer DT

Users who are viewing this thread