5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canada/USA Imported Ram in UAE

amaliks

Reaction score
There are loads and loads of used Ram's being imported in UAE (United Arab Emirates) and sold thru registered used car dealers. At any given point of time there are between 200 to 225 such cars available in market. Popular and being bought quickly. Thought of opening this thread to highlight few challenges faced. I bought Canadian import in Nov 22 10th Anniversary limited and have almost read thru the entire forum and gained bit of understanding thru well aware and willing members. Big thanks.

Being geographically small there is only one dealer for almost every brand of car. Being sole agents obviously there are certain things which may be possible in your part of the world are not possible here. To upgrade firmware, maps and to convert the frequencies to have a gap of 100khz rather than 200khz i was advised that complete navigation system, bcm etc would need to be rip and replaced.

Due to this forum i was able to get the firmware S26.15 and was crazy enough to upgrade from S21B.5. Needless to say any further updates from local dealer is out of question so would be dependent on forum if and when it is available. S26.15 is running fine after the upgrade and i had no issues in doing so. If you are in same boat this may give you some comfort that some one has already tired and it worked. You can decide to do so on your own risk and responsibility.

I was able to update maps to GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region by spending $$$.

Reading the forum i had orientation of alphaobd and went ahead to procure bypass cable, adaptor and software. Though i would have lived a happy life without fixing few of the things to suit local needs but little voice in my head wasn't wiling to settle down.

Going back to radio frequencies in USA/Canada they jump on odd number like 100.1, 100.3, 100.5 etc while here in UAE they work more like 100.1,100.2,100.3,100.4 etc. It doesn't seems like a life threatening situation but itch had to be scratched. Utilizing Alphaobd and using ECUConfig3, Country of destination i changed CANDA to United Arab Emirates. Stars lined up and i got what i wanted.

Only if life and uconnect was easy. Now i have the required frequencies but they are not in any ascending or descending order. Any one has pointers to fix this itch? Additionally i get below error after making the change . Read conflicting info on the web and forum. Would ECU reset thru alphaobd help. I have already resetted the uconnect to factory. Plan to drive for .5 hrs or so to see if that helps.

If you are in same boat this may give you some comfort that some one has already tired and it worked. You can decide to do so on your own risk and responsibility. Details about what is needed to make alphaobd, backup, google drive etc are available on this forum.

Since DRL are not needed in UAE utilized ECUConfig3 to change NO to YES for DRL Customer setting option present. Did a reset and will let it brew for a day.

Appreciate any pointers and glad if this helps some one where sun does shine :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 19

amaliks

Reaction score
i got hold of locally available 2022 Ram limited and did an upload using alfaobd. Pulled the build sheet also for local Ram. Compared both and was able to solve the GPS error. Only challenge left is when i change VehConfig 1 from Canada to Gulf Coast Countries headlight don't turn off when i switch off the engine. Only was to switch them off is to turn the light rotary switch to off position. Any pointers. Attached are the comparison sheets.

Attachments

• Alfaobd_Comparision.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Build_Sheet_Comparision.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 7

amaliks

Reaction score
As i wrote earlier i had to pay to get them updated thru a contact sitting in USA.

Users who are viewing this thread