5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can you use mopar lift without rear spacers?

jthorn75

Reaction score
looking to level the truck with the mopar kit, and keep warranty. But i noticed with using the rear kit it will raise the truck but keep the rake. Can you use the fox shocks in the rear without raising the rear?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
looking to level the truck with the mopar kit, and keep warranty. But i noticed with using the rear kit it will raise the truck but keep the rake. Can you use the fox shocks in the rear without raising the rear?
I'm sure you can but with the updated mopar lift kit you will more than likely sit nose high without the rear spacers installed.

jthorn75

Reaction score
That would be the goal, but I would much rather be closer to level, than 1-2 inches raked

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would be the goal, but I would much rather be closer to level, than 1-2 inches raked
Gotcha, yeah your kind of limited with trying to keep it under warranty and going mopar only. If you have 2" of rake right now stock and you add the mopar lift to the front only and no spring spacers in the rear then I would guess you will end up about .5" - .75" nose high. I had bilstein adjustables on my 4th gen to get my level and I never had any issues with warranty work. Just another option for alot cheaper if level is all your looking for.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you just want a level the motofab spacers are a good option. I just installed their 2 inch spacers in about 3 hours. If you're going for the improved performance then a set of lift coilovers or Bilsteins in the front and some good shocks in the back (the resi Bilsteins are actually pretty good) are an option.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
If you just want a level the motofab spacers are a good option. I just installed their 2 inch spacers in about 3 hours. If you're going for the improved performance then a set of lift coilovers or Bilsteins in the front and some good shocks in the back (the resi Bilsteins are actually pretty good) are an option.
Any idea when the rear Bilstein with reservoir will be available? I know the non reservoir 5100’s are available now

jthorn75

Reaction score
will the motofab effect ride quality? this would be my biggest concern.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea when the rear Bilstein with reservoir will be available? I know the non reservoir 5100’s are available now

I was thinking the Bilsteins on my Rebel. Look like they have remote resi's at the bottom, but I can't find any info on them even with the part number.

will the motofab effect ride quality? this would be my biggest concern.

It's a tad stiffer, and of course you change the shock geometry, but for normal roads it's barely noticeable. Off-road is where you will notice the largest difference since you've lowered your compression travel by 2". If you're constantly off road or on pot hole roads I would suggest Bilsteins or a decent set of coilovers from Fox, Icon, etc. Warranty work, they have to prove whatever was installed caused the problem for them to deny it. Them just saying "Oh you've got a different brand of shocks on here, can't warranty it" is not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread