5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade Uconnect 4 non Nav to Uconnect 4 NAV?

AnthroMoto

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has updated the info, but Infotainment.com has finally released the upgrades for the 2019+ 1500 DT. The cost is a whopping $2,699.95! It's absolutely insane when the factory price on the lot is only $795. I think it sucks that RAM doesn't offer this at the dealerships for a more reasonable price. I can see paying $1,699.95 to get the NAV upgrade from the 8.4 non-nav. BTW, $1,699 is infotainments price for the 8.4 non-nav unit when upgrading from the 5 inch screen option. I have to admit the 8.4 NAV unit is a hell of a lot nicer than the non-nav unit.

Also, for those interested, infotainment also sells the 12 inch screen upgrade for the 5th gens that did not have it as an option originally. This means you can add the 12 inch screen to 2019 Big Horns. That's a whopping $3,999.95

Nav Unit: https://www.infotainment.com/collec...-including-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade

12 Inch: https://www.infotainment.com/collec...-including-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has updated the info, but Infotainment.com has finally released the upgrades for the 2019+ 1500 DT. The cost is a whopping $2,699.95! It's absolutely insane when the factory price on the lot is only $795. I think it sucks that RAM doesn't offer this at the dealerships for a more reasonable price. I can see paying $1,699.95 to get the NAV upgrade from the 8.4 non-nav. BTW, $1,699 is infotainments price for the 8.4 non-nav unit when upgrading from the 5 inch screen option. I have to admit the 8.4 NAV unit is a hell of a lot nicer than the non-nav unit.

Also, for those interested, infotainment also sells the 12 inch screen upgrade for the 5th gens that did not have it as an option originally. This means you can add the 12 inch screen to 2019 Big Horns. That's a whopping $3,999.95

Nav Unit: https://www.infotainment.com/collec...-including-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade

12 Inch: https://www.infotainment.com/collec...-including-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade
I’m curious, besides navigation, which most people on this forum have said is mediocre at best, what makes the 8.4 NAV a hell of a lot nicer than the non-NAV? Personally, I couldn’t care less about navigation because I have a phone. I know the NAV unit lets you remote start from your phone for a monthly fee (no thanks). Is there anything else?

Sjay

Reaction score
I got my truck used and thought I really wanted a nav unit. Drove from Michigan to Florida 2 days after getting the truck and used CarPlay. Very impressed with CarPlay. I personally wouldn’t pay any extra for built in Nav. Phones and data plans are only go to get better.

HitmanHugh

Reaction score
I’m curious, besides navigation, which most people on this forum have said is mediocre at best, what makes the 8.4 NAV a hell of a lot nicer than the non-NAV? Personally, I couldn’t care less about navigation because I have a phone. I know the NAV unit lets you remote start from your phone for a monthly fee (no thanks). Is there anything else?
I think they add some themes to the NAV Uconnect! Other than that I don't know :LOL:

Broose

Reaction score
Are people really interested in spending $2700 so they don’t have to use a very small amount of their phone data? It’ll probably cost you $20/mo to upgrade to an unlimited plan...

ksaldutti

Reaction score
The idea of using your phone for NAV just doesn’t work. Why? Example, driving in the mountains of NC & TN iPhone and Android constantly loose signal no matter the network carriers and you lose NAV just when and where you need it the most. All phone Data plans peek and cutback bandwidth speed and reliability once you are past your plans full bandwidth agreement including so-called is unlimited plans that do limit the full data availability until your monthly billing cycle renews. You just can’t have this limitation when it comes to Navigation. The RAMs factory Garmin Navigation has never cut out nor compromised especially in highly remote unfamiliar areas at night can be very dauting when your iPhone and Android phone network and hardware fail you because of signal drop outs and data compression. This is why its is important for those of us who travel need the factory NAV to be working no matter the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread