5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade from the tow mirrors to the power fold and also add the surround view camera system to the Limited 1500?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you use it for? Parking?
not just parking per se, parking in a tight spot in reverse. i managed quite well backing up my '15 laramie with out the 360 view into tight parking spots. in my opinion it is a very good aid and for me i use it almost every day as i back into my home and work parking places. i have it, i use it. thank you FCA for adding the available feature to the new trucks.

Old Ray

Reaction score
thank you FCA for adding the available feature to the new trucks.

Well kind of, if your not paying attention , make assumptions, don't read the fine print, and blinded by new paint smell (aka dumb) and think that tow mirrors should power fold or come with 360 camera camera then they don't, ....................... but you do get to pay $ 575.00 (cdn) for them to take all that off! :cry:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well kind of, if your not paying attention , make assumptions, don't read the fine print, and blinded by new paint smell (aka dumb) and think that tow mirrors should power fold or come with 360 camera camera then they don't, ....................... but you do get to pay $ 575.00 (cdn) for them to take all that off! :cry:

my reply, sir, was to the fact that I have the 360 camera and like it.

not to how you clipped and quoted out of my context.

Old Ray

Reaction score
my reply, sir, was to the fact that I have the 360 camera and like it.

not to how you clipped and quoted out of my context.

Please accept my most humble apologies, no disrespect or criticism was intended, (the dumb guy referenced in my post was me, not anyone else). I was unfortunately under the mistaken impression that this post was about a upgrade from the tow mirrors to the power fold and also add the surround view camera system to the Limited 1500. My error. :)

Nickjansen

Reaction score
Can it be done or is it a matter of costing to much or not possible to add after the fact? I've called two dealerships and one says yes that it would cost over $4000 to change and the other said that the front cam is not available as a part yet to even order.
if true. I will pay that. Can you tell me dealer name and location?

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I have looked into the 360 camera a little bit as it is a feature that I think has the potential to be useful and has never been an option in the Rebel. I am thinking that it would be nice aside from those drive through and tight garages that it might also be nice off road especially going up inclines where you cannot see the road in front of you. I have not found anyone who has installed the 360 camera on the 2019 RAMS after market. I found a couple of companies that have 360 camera systems but the are very expensive. RVS has a solution but it required you to install their monitor and costs just over $2k. Not sure I want a camera system that much. Another company makes a 360 camera system that can be integrated into your existing display, and was much more cost effective, but I have not found anyone who has actually bought it and tried to install it on a 2019.

Nickjansen

Reaction score
I have looked into the 360 camera a little bit as it is a feature that I think has the potential to be useful and has never been an option in the Rebel. I am thinking that it would be nice aside from those drive through and tight garages that it might also be nice off road especially going up inclines where you cannot see the road in front of you. I have not found anyone who has installed the 360 camera on the 2019 RAMS after market. I found a couple of companies that have 360 camera systems but the are very expensive. RVS has a solution but it required you to install their monitor and costs just over $2k. Not sure I want a camera system that much. Another company makes a 360 camera system that can be integrated into your existing display, and was much more cost effective, but I have not found anyone who has actually bought it and tried to install it on a 2019.
What is the aftermarket one that goes into existing display.. company name?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Rebel with tow mirrors and am surprised how well I can see rear tire to curb spacing with the convex mirror adjusted downward. (...But I am mainly unhappy about losing heated feature of mirror as my towing mirrors on 04 Ram 2500 had 15 years ago.) Luckily, Portland, Oregon has mild winters so it isn't too often that we have to defrost mirrors. Also as an old retired fart, I can sleep in until mirrors defrost on their own. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to contact Ram truck engineers to see if they can answer this question? I'd like to see if they have an option in the works or if this will or will not work at all. That would save me time trying to research something if it's not even possible.
Why would you want to do that? I guarantee you engineers put it in. It’s the bean counters you want to blame this on.

Users who are viewing this thread