5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you turnoff Apple car play from the two usb ports on front dash?

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I do not want to be that connected when I am driving. It’s too distracting to me and I like the nav system built into uconnect. But I want to use these to charge my phone(s) and other stuff. Is there away to do this? Thanks so much

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not want to be that connected when I am driving. It’s too distracting to me and I like the nav system built into uconnect. But I want to use these to charge my phone(s) and other stuff. Is there away to do this? Thanks so much
I use the 110v outlet.

Reactions: DEG

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Buy USB data blockers or use the one in the arm rest.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just turn off the auto launch on your phone

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I have tried but it immediately asks to connect to CarPlay. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I will go play with it today

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tend to be annoyed by visible cables so if I had to charge my phone via cable I would probably use the 110v outlet below the phone holder so the cable would not be as visible in my center console below where the phone rests.

Another option I would consider is the USB power only outlet that is inside the top of my center console on the back wall. There is also a channel cut into the front of the lid to allow the cable to be routed out of the compartment.

Hamesie

Reaction score
I have tried but it immediately asks to connect to CarPlay. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I will go play with it today
Turn off Siri. This will block the Apple play from working

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I bought the data blockers suggested by Vincentw56. None of the other suggestions worked. These did the trick Thanks to all!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought the data blockers suggested by Vincentw56. None of the other suggestions worked. These did the trick Thanks to all!
I bought like 4 of them and added to the USB cables everyone uses in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/