5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you remove the tailgate?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone's experience trying to remove the tailgate in normal owner situations. Sometimes I haul heavy pallets loaded by forklift, and traditionally I remove the tailgate before going to the store. Haven't looked close at the hinges, but the camera wire is my hangup first. Anyone?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can easily be done. That wire will disconnect and you should have a cove to plug that connecting spot somewhere in your glove box

The tailgate itself, lift/lower to 45 degrees, and the right (passenger) side can lift up. I find easier to do with an extra set of hands, but 1 set can manage it.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I see now how to pull out the body panel to unplug it. 5-6 wires, 2 plugs for a camera, sheesh. I didn't completely do it at work now, but does the body panel go with the tailgate or box? I assume you mean a plug for both connectors? Haven't looked for that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread