5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we order Laramie's with the Hemi e-torque motor?

RedFred

Reaction score
I know in May there was a lot of posts saying that we could only order a Laramie 4x4 and a 5ft7" bed with the 6 cylinder motor. Is this still the case or has it changed?
Also it seems like you can't get the Ivory White Tri-coat color with the sports package anymore? Can anyone confirm this?

I want to get a Laramie but I have been disappointed in my options. Can't get the hemi without e-torque, maybe can't get the hemi with e-torque either, they took away the fender flares (so now it looks more like the bighorn), no new color options, no new appearance packages, and the one color (Ivory white) that I actually like is not available with certain packages anymore. Is anyone else feeling my pain?

Also, are we getting anything new for 2024? Or is it just going to be more of the same, higher price and maybe they take away something else.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The restrictions you are talking about were at the tail end of the 2023 ordering window. It seems unlikely that Ram would continue like that into 2024. Check with your dealer to see what's available.

@Cbty2050 posted this about the 2024 pricing: Refresh for 2024 models?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I'm feeling the disappointment as well. 22 seems like the optimal DT model year, choice-wise. Sat on the fence for 22 and then disappointed in the 23 changes. By the time I came around to the missing Flares and black handles on the Night Editions, the v8 was no longer offered on 5'7" beds. Hoping 24 brings more than just a price hike or I'll wait more.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Without even realizing how bad things were going to go downhill, I brought home a '22 at the very end of production. I got the fender flares, non-hybrid Hemi, and a few other goodies that we had no idea were going to disappear. Sometimes I think I should keep this truck forever, because it's likely the very last time a new, non-hybrid V8 was/will be ever available. 2022 was kind of the peak of the Ram 1500. From there onward it's been a persistent loss of standard features and soon the complicated I-6TT engine will replace the V8 altogether.

Having said all of this, if I were one of you guys who are chomping at the bit to order a new Ram 1500 I personally would NOT order a '24. I suspect that Ram has no choice but to do a heavy mid-cycle refresh for 2025 considering that GM and Ford offerings for '24 are whipping Ram's ***. So I would hold out for 12 more months and save up more down payment and then order a 2025 Ram, which again will likely have some seriously nice upgrades.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's my thinking as well. Only concern is whether there will be a V8 optional at all for the '25 refresh. If not, I'll be doing more not buying of Rams, at least for a little while.

N0cturnal

Reaction score
Yep, it was done back in May. I contacted local dealers and even Mark Dodge, which all confirmed you cannot order Hemi with short bed and 4x4. I ended up buying whatever I could find on dealer lot, which was 300 miles away.

CJ99X

Reaction score
My Laramie has Etorque as do all 23 Hemi Rams from my understanding 23 MY

RedFred

Reaction score
I agree with the sentiments the Ram 1500 peaked in 2022. Unfortunately for me, in 2022, dealers in my area were still charging above sticker price and refused to budge off their asking prices. So I waited and now the dealers in my area still stink, and Ram has only subtracted things from the truck without adding anything new. And the things they are subtracting, were strong selling points to me. So now Ram keeps trying to push me away from their brand, and the part that really upsets me is that they might succeed in getting rid of me.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having said all of this, if I were one of you guys who are chomping at the bit to order a new Ram 1500 I personally would NOT order a '24. I suspect that Ram has no choice but to do a heavy mid-cycle refresh for 2025 considering that GM and Ford offerings for '24 are whipping Ram's ***. So I would hold out for 12 more months and save up more down payment and then order a 2025 Ram, which again will likely have some seriously nice upgrades.
Rumers are 2024 will be a short Model year with the 2025 being available in early 2024 in which case you might only be looking at waiting another 6 months. I'm waiting to see what they do with the 2025's before I decide if I stick with Ram or go to GM.

RedFred

Reaction score
Rumers are 2024 will be a short Model year with the 2025 being available in early 2024 in which case you might only be looking at waiting another 6 months. I'm waiting to see what they do with the 2025's before I decide if I stick with Ram or go to GM.
Only problem is I've been waiting so long already. If the whole covid supply chain issue didn't happen, I would have had a truck 2 years ago. Now if I wait for the new "refresh" there is a chance that I won't like it. All of this is making me think about getting into something else other than a Ram. Decisions, decisions....

6of36

Reaction score
I imagine the refresh will come the same time as the electric version, same body. 4th quarter of 24.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever be able to purchase a new truck with the prices continueing to climb the way they are. I'm retired and on a fixed income. I was fortunate to have positive equity in my previous trucks. The number one thing for me was a non etorq motor. I'm very fortunate to have found my 21 Big Horn when I did and it only having 11,300 miles and dealer owned. It's a very clean and well taken care of truck.

CJ99X

Reaction score
Could always go 2500 and get the 6.4 it's not etorque and pricing on those is dropping everyday

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Laramie 1500 actually ONLY has the V8 Hemi Etorque on both short and longbed 4x4 and 4x2.
The lack of Hemi on shortbed at end of model year 2023 was BECAUSE it was end of model year 2023. They were clearing the shelves.
Same thing right now on Wagoneer Series II only in 4x2... .that's not permanent, it's just for the last few weeks of ordering.

Tried to make this clear as often as we could that the limitations during that big 10% off Rebate from Ram were an anomoly and not a signal of what was going to be on 2024 - but the "sky is falling the HEMI is dead" chants drowned out lol. The same reason they did the 10% off was the same reason the HEMI was not avail on that trim.

6of36

Reaction score
Could always go 2500 and get the 6.4 it's not etorque and pricing on those is dropping everyday
You can't get everything on a 2500. I want a loaded truck. Plus I want a short box, not available. I have limited parking space.

RedFred

Reaction score
Laramie 1500 actually ONLY has the V8 Hemi Etorque on both short and longbed 4x4 and 4x2.
The lack of Hemi on shortbed at end of model year 2023 was BECAUSE it was end of model year 2023. They were clearing the shelves.
Same thing right now on Wagoneer Series II only in 4x2... .that's not permanent, it's just for the last few weeks of ordering.

Tried to make this clear as often as we could that the limitations during that big 10% off Rebate from Ram were an anomoly and not a signal of what was going to be on 2024 - but the "sky is falling the HEMI is dead" chants drowned out lol. The same reason they did the 10% off was the same reason the HEMI was not avail on that trim.
Ok, so the hemi with e-torque will eventually be available again when they open up ordering for 2024, but no hemi with no e-torque.

Also, I just learned today that that the Limited no longer comes standard with power running boards. 🤦‍♂️

I'm scared to find out what else will be in store for us with 2024 models.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, so the hemi with e-torque will eventually be available again when they open up ordering for 2024, but no hemi with no e-torque.

Also, I just learned today that that the Limited no longer comes standard with power running boards. 🤦‍♂️

I'm scared to find out what else will be in store for us with 2024 models.

Not eventually - IS AVAILABLE 2024s are open for ordering right now.

Power Runningboards are included in the Limited Level 1 Equip group, same place they were in 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread