5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we add a “show more” button on people’s signatures?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It’s kind of frustrating when you’re trying to scroll through posts in a thread and it’s crowded with member’s half page signatures (mine included). I was wondering if there’s a way we could maybe “hide” the signatures by default and simply list a “show more” button to reveal their full signature if we’re interested? I just feel like it would make reading the forums much easier and take up way less space on each page. Does anyone agree? And if so, how can we ask a moderator to potentially add this feature to the site?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Get tapatalk and look at it on your phone, no option to see the signatures at all. greatly de-clutters the page. Kind of a PITA if the member says "details in my signature", but I got over it.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think 'show more' is a fantastic idea. Can't stand long sig's. Like I give sh*t about a person's stuff on such a micro level.
People with long signatures, get over yourselves and shorten them up to basics. Nobody gives a crap.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think 'show more' is a fantastic idea. Can't stand long sig's. Like I give sh*t about a person's stuff on such a micro level.
People with long signatures, get over yourselves and shorten them up to basics. Nobody gives a crap.
I agree that a show more link would be great. But sometimes, people do give a crap. Someone will post something—maybe related to a modification, maybe unrelated—and someone else will see something they like about on the truck and would like to know what brand or model it is. For example, “Nice wheels, what are those?”

Having these sorts of things in the signature prevent threads from getting filled with such questions. “Show more” would be a nice way to solve both issues.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s kind of frustrating when you’re trying to scroll through posts in a thread and it’s crowded with member’s half page signatures (mine included). I was wondering if there’s a way we could maybe “hide” the signatures by default and simply list a “show more” button to reveal their full signature if we’re interested? I just feel like it would make reading the forums much easier and take up way less space on each page. Does anyone agree? And if so, how can we ask a moderator to potentially add this feature to the site?
Pretty sure they tried that a while back, and it backfired.

Except for when people are trying to figure out what someone has on their truck, or trying to help a member that has nothing in their sig.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been down this road before. Members were creating ridiculous signatures (starting to see some of that again), so Jared put a two-line restriction on them. Then everyone complained, so he removed the restriction.

My understanding is that “show more” isn’t a capability of the current platform, but @Jared B will need to confirm.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Except for when people are trying to figure out what someone has on their truck, or trying to help a member that has nothing in their sig.
Absolutely, but why should 98% of the readers have to trudge through long signatures when only 2% really want to know on such a granular level?
'Show More' would be a perfect compromise.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We’ve been down this road before. Members were creating ridiculous signatures (starting to see some of that again), so Jared put a two-line restriction on them. Then everyone complained, so he removed the restriction.

My understanding is that “show more” isn’t a capability of the current platform, but @Jared B will need to confirm.
Aww bummer :/ well hopefully something can be done. I just think it would make the experience much better for people!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely, but why should 98% of the readers have to trudge through long signatures when only 2% really want to know on such a granular level?
'Show More' would be a perfect compromise.
It's definitely a fine line. People have asked what size lift/tires/etc I have on the truck, and it's right there in my sig. But do we need to know the brand, model, and serial number of the light bar on the front of the truck? No, just put that it's a 20" light bar.

Users who are viewing this thread