5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can unlocked PCM dammage TCM?

Tazithman

Reaction score
I had installed the diablo unlocked PCM with hemifever tune and was driving without issue for a couple weeks then suddenly the truck would not ship out of park and all kinds of errors/codes popped up. I reset TCM and put factory PCM back in before I had the truck towed to dealer.

They told me my TCM shorted and they are currently waiting for a replacement. My question is, is it possible that the unlocked PCM from diablo caused the malfunction and they couldn't diagnose faulty PCM because of the swap? I'm not really sure if tcm draws power through PCM or if its just signal wires.

Basically, I dont want to get the truck back and hook up diablo PCM just to have the TCM get fried again.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
I'd say it's unlikely but not impossible. That's a tough one.

I can't find much info on what actually gets done during a ECM unlock. If there was more information out there it would be easier to speculate.

Tazithman

Reaction score
Problem was found, a frayed wire in the harness shorted against the frame which caused the tcm failure

Users who are viewing this thread