5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the feed from a customer-mounted camera be shown on the main nav?

SBrentnall

Reaction score
I pull a horse trailer and like to mount a camera inside the trailer so I can keep an eye on the horses while we're traveling. With the 2021 1500 Limited, can I display the feed from that camera on the 12" navigation screen?

I was originally planning on getting a Ford F-150 but it turns out that among other issues, they haven't wired their backend to pull any feed from an external camera, so it's impossible. Trying to find out if RAM allows it.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you build one on the configurator, there is an option for a trailer camera prep kit, but I don't know for certain that would do what you want. This is the only description it gives: "Wiring is included on this truck for easy installation of a trailer camera."

SBrentnall

Reaction score
When you build one on the configurator, there is an option for a trailer camera prep kit, but I don't know for certain that would do what you want. This is the only description it gives: "Wiring is included on this truck for easy installation of a trailer camera."
Yeah, less than illuminating from Dodge. lol. Ford has the same package on its configurator, but some forum sleuths just found out that the wiring isn't connected to the screen so there's no way it will display.

zcastle27

Reaction score
From what I have been able to gather you have to buy a mopar camera to get it to work (82215770AB). However, every where online says that this part only works for the 2500-3500 trucks. I have not yet talked to the dealer or been able to find a forum or video of this all working on a 1500. There is this video on youtube (
). I commented and they told me to call the dealer and talk to the parts department to see if it would work for my truck.

ShortStack

Reaction score
Well if nothing works you can try a bluetooth dash cam mounted in the trailer and display it to your cell and display that on the 12" using car play or what ever the apple version is.
Seems like an excessive setup but at least you can see the horses.

bskubon

Reaction score
Might try researching adding a cargo camera. I have a 2020 Limited and added a cargo camera, in my case I put it in the front grill. Since I didn’t have Surround View.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might try researching adding a cargo camera. I have a 2020 Limited and added a cargo camera, in my case I put it in the front grill. Since I didn’t have Surround View.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am, eventually going to put an ev switch feed in, sure it is possible, still looking for a wifi/Bluetooth/ multiparty input. Will post as possible

Users who are viewing this thread