5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone please share info

MontFla

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 5.7 with e torque. The start stop will not work until the dial temp setting is at 69 degrees. On my 2021 etorque it worked flawlessly with the dial set at 58 degrees on step up from the lowest setting. This means the start stop system on the new truck will suck when it is hot out and I cannot use it below the temp set at 69 degrees. How are are the other systems out there functioning I am curious. Fan speed on 2021 could be just below full blast and temp could be one setting up from the coldest. The new 2022 has to be set at 69 and fan speed is like old one as long as it is not on high it works

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With all the changes to the 22 system. The owners manual is also different. You may find the answer in there as it explains the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why not just leave the climate control in auto and let it do it’s thing?
Generally you select one temp and it stays there year round. Mine is 68-70.

And when the truck turns off the ac compressor turns off anyway.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The same happens on the F150. The AC compressor requires so much power to operate that the auto stop feature would constantly be kicking back on in hotter climates. They kinda built some logic into it. If it's that hot that you need to set the temp so low, it won't shut the truck off. If it's not that hot, you'll either have the windows down or the AC set at a higher temp.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 5.7 with e torque. The start stop will not work until the dial temp setting is at 69 degrees. On my 2021 etorque it worked flawlessly with the dial set at 58 degrees on step up from the lowest setting. This means the start stop system on the new truck will suck when it is hot out and I cannot use it below the temp set at 69 degrees. How are are the other systems out there functioning I am curious. Fan speed on 2021 could be just below full blast and temp could be one setting up from the coldest. The new 2022 has to be set at 69 and fan speed is like old one as long as it is not on high it works
This is the same on my 21 Laramie, many times if the heat or ac is on fan level one, the truck will not shut off, if I turn climate control off, truck shuts off immediately! I had a 19 that I could at least have the heat and ac on low fan and it would shut off for at least a short time? Maybe our 48 volt batteries are weak? Btw my 21 was built Dec of 2020!

Last edited:

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Weird, I've been leaving mine at 68 (on auto) in the winter and the E-torque works fine.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you need to set it below 69 degrees? Even on hottest days with my sunroof shade open, I keep mine at 71 and it's very comfortable inside the cab

21RebelActual

Reaction score
Have not paid close attention to mine (21 Rebel), but it generally does the same in hotter weather and colder, prior to warming up to whatever temp.

Users who are viewing this thread