5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone please measure pocket for me?

Subee13

Reaction score
So I ordered a limited fully loaded and normally I use magnetic phone holders. With the wood I am not going to stick anything to it. So can someone please measure the top pocket above the 12" screen. I found a phone mount that needs approx 3" in a circle and I don't mind permanently mounting a rubber disc in there. Thank you

MN5241

Reaction score
So I ordered a limited fully loaded and normally I use magnetic phone holders. With the wood I am not going to stick anything to it. So can someone please measure the top pocket above the 12" screen. I found a phone mount that needs approx 3" in a circle and I don't mind permanently mounting a rubber disc in there. Thank you
Can't you use android auto/carplay to accomplish the same thing? also under the 12" screen there are holders for your phone.

Subee13

Reaction score
Wow I am dumb. Totally forgot about that and it has the ability for Waze now. My 16 GMC did not have it. Not sure about my 17 ram. I also was looking at the quad lock so I could use the same mount with my case in all my vehicles. I don't really like the built in holder. At least in my 17 Rebel.

Can't you use android auto/carplay to accomplish the same thing? also under the 12" screen there are holders for your phone.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went from a magnetic holder on the dash in my Tundra to the factory Ram holder in my Laramie with the 12" and wireless charging. At first, its a pain in the balls to get the phone (iPhone 8 Plus with a clear plastic case around it) in and out of the built in holder, especially with the usb cable attached for CarPlay. However, after practice, and 11,000 miles of wearing in the stiff rubberized plastics on the phone holder, it's now an easy in-and-out process. (I'm sure it was probably only 2-3,000 miles before the phone holder broke in enough to not be noticeably difficult to put the phone in). So if you do find it difficult at first, don't go drilling holes in your dash anywhere, just keep using the phone holder and you'll be happy after it breaks in.

Laramie81

Reaction score
The built in holder is excellent. It’s one of my favorite features. Ram seems to be the only ones thoughtful enough to give you a place to put your phone and see it. I love it. Give it a chance!

Users who are viewing this thread