5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help me with an Amazon link to spare fuses for towing?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Probably my lack of overall knowledge, but I had a box of spare towing fuses for my GMC, which seemed to blow one of the blinker lights occasionally when we were towing. We'd just pop another fuse in an head out. These fuses on the RAM are a different size and I'm not sure what type to buy?

I can't get a good sense of size and type on Amazon. Should I just walk into my local parts store and ask?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll put a few in the spare slots under the hood, just in case.

Thank you!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All of the small fuses are Micro 2 fuses but you are going to have to pick up some MCase and Jcase ones too.
Always had a spare 40A one when I had my 2014 Outdoorsman with Air suspension. Dealer up here always want around $25 for them and I got them at Delcity for a couple of bucks.

I got all mine from

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Probably my lack of overall knowledge, but I had a box of spare towing fuses for my GMC, which seemed to blow one of the blinker lights occasionally when we were towing. We'd just pop another fuse in an head out. These fuses on the RAM are a different size and I'm not sure what type to buy?

I can't get a good sense of size and type on Amazon. Should I just walk into my local parts store and ask?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll put a few in the spare slots under the hood, just in case.

Thank you!
Bought and used these. I keep the box in my truck for emergencies.
I've also discarded the two screws that hold the panel in place. Not needed (press-fit) and comes in handy not having to unscrew them if you need to quickly swap a fuse in the field.

DeanK

Reaction score
All of the small fuses are Micro 2 fuses but you are going to have to pick up some MCase and Jcase ones too.
Always had a spare 40A one when I had my 2014 Outdoorsman with Air suspension. Dealer up here always want around $25 for them and I got them at Delcity for a couple of bucks.

I got all mine from

I read (on another thread) that the big 50amp (inverter pwr) fuse is "Slotted Mcase+". It seems (visual inspection) that the remainder of "Cartridge" style fuses (40,30,20 amp) are "standard Mcase" type. I don't see any "Jcase" in interior fuseblock. Am I missing anything? Are some Jcase in engine-bay? This assortment pack looks to fit the "interior" situ just right (thoughts??) --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1LDAAWXC64N7A

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I read (on another thread) that the big 50amp (inverter pwr) fuse is "Slotted Mcase+". It seems (visual inspection) that the remainder of "Cartridge" style fuses (40,30,20 amp) are "standard Mcase" type. I don't see any "Jcase" in interior fuseblock. Am I missing anything? Are some Jcase in engine-bay? This assortment pack looks to fit the "interior" situ just right (thoughts??) --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1LDAAWXC64N7A
That would be for exterior ones here's a pic on my under hood fuse box. Sorry not a full pic but you can see the mcase and micro2 fuses. I took this pic to show the studs to hook auxiliary wires onto instead of battery post.

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread