5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can MFT be locked?

NickD104

Reaction score
I just traded my ‘14 Laramie for a ‘19 Laramie with MFT. One of my favorite functions on my ‘14 was that the tailgate locked when the doors locked. I love my MFT and my new Ram but I haven’t seen how to lock the MFT. Is this something I’m just overlooking or does the MFT not lock??

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
If you have keyless entry and are trying the tailgate, with the fob in your pocket, it functions the same as your doors and will open. If you do have the keyless entry, try leaving the fob in the house and then try the tailgate.

LouCap

Reaction score
My MFT locks with the keyfob too. It also has the ability to open the tailgate using the keyfob as well.

TKutz

Reaction score
Do the MFT and the regular tailgate have the dampening when opened--not slam down?
Yes, except the Tradesman models. That's a $30 add-on for the shock/strut that's worth every penny. Easy DIY!

NickD104

Reaction score
If you have keyless entry and are trying the tailgate, with the fob in your pocket, it functions the same as your doors and will open. If you do have the keyless entry, try leaving the fob in the house and then try the tailgate.
R
DZ418, you were totally correct. I had the fob in my pocket so it was letting me open it even though I was hitting the lock button. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online