5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i safely remove the anc module under the seat?

darkmage1991

Reaction score
as the title says is it safe for me to do so? as in it wont set a warning light or mess with anything else? i want to do this so i can place my 8 channel amp under the driver seat as my sub amp pretty much takes all the room up behind the seat(only can use the passenger side behind seat due to the etorque battery)

And it should be said i have an aftermarket headunit/stereo so the anc module is already not being used as i have my own speaker wires ran to the new aftermarket speakers.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I stuffed dual audison surfboards behind mine with etorque. You sure it won't fit back there? Much easier as you already have power/ground back there.

darkmage1991

Reaction score
the problem im facing is you cant but the amp too low or too high as the back of the seat hits the amp. so i only can use like the center of the amp rack. and right now i got a sundown 2000.1 along with 2 taramps 4 channel amps which the 2 taramps already barely fit so not sure how i am to replace them with a much bigger 8 channel and funny enough i am replacing them with an audison too :D (audison apf8.9bit) as the taramps are way too noisy.

and as far as power and stuff yea your right but i have no issues running a new wire just feel i would prefer the amp under the seat.

do you have an amp rack? i feel they would sit a bit farther back without the amp rack and would give much more flexibility.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ANC module is an expensive little piece of tech that we all had to pay for, and some of us just toss as if we didn't want it or ask for it. I installed one of the popular bypass cables on mine, don't remember exactly which one, but after bypassing there is no longer anything connected to the module. Nada. Zip. It could come out one of these days and become the new home for amateur radio gear.

Other removal benefits are increased payload and reduced leftward suspension lean.

Jedi9

Reaction score
Not sure, I used a bypass harness on mine also, it bypassed the speakers but there is still a connection to the module. Don't know what kind of effect it would have. I removed my active air dam and use a different source for my new fogs and have no faults on the dash, just shows missing air dam and missing fogs on the obd scanner.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I thought the harness was to bypass the ANC function, but keep the amp working

Users who are viewing this thread