5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I please get some help with what lift is best for my situation?

Stickherbush

Reaction score
I just bought a 19 bighorn and want to keep the ride as close stock as possible, and still get clearance for Goodyear duratracts in size. 285 60 20.
I was originally thinking about the 2 inch mopar lift but was quoted 2400 installed and have read here that most are paying around 1800. Plus my local dealer said that lift will not be available till later February because of some engineering issue or something.
So is there any other lift out there that will give me clearance for these size tires and not hurt my ride much?
I put a leveling kit on 2016 Duramax and the ride went to absolute crap! I think it was a cheap torsion key lift, but it was absolutely horrid. I don’t want to harm my ride quality like that crap did...lol

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a 19 bighorn and want to keep the ride as close stock as possible, and still get clearance for Goodyear duratracts in size. 285 60 20.
I was originally thinking about the 2 inch mopar lift but was quoted 2400 installed and have read here that most are paying around 1800. Plus my local dealer said that lift will not be available till later February because of some engineering issue or something.
So is there any other lift out there that will give me clearance for these size tires and not hurt my ride much?
I put a leveling kit on 2016 Duramax and the ride went to absolute crap! I think it was a cheap torsion key lift, but it was absolutely horrid. I don’t want to harm my ride quality like that crap did...lol
You could put a top hat spacer in the front to level it out and it would not ride any different. You should be able to run that tire size on the stock suspension no issues though. I leveled mine and the ride changed from the tougher tires, but not the level.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree, do yourself and wallet a favor and just do a 2” lvl kit. Will be all you need with no issues for what you want

HotStuff

Reaction score
This is the 2" Readylift level kit, but I also have an Off Road Package, with 295/60-20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires. I think they'd clear without the off road kit.

KIMG0123.JPG KIMG0122.JPG

Stickherbush

Reaction score
So the 2” redi lift level kit will NOT effect the ride quality? Also is there a way of lifting the back up another inch or so to get a little of the natural rake back?

HotStuff

Reaction score
No. It's just a spacer on top of the strut. It doesn't change anything with the spring or shock/strut. It just makes the assembly longer, therefore making the truck taller. The stiffer tires will effect the ride more than the leveling kit.

It's hard to see in the pic, but it still has about 1" of rake. But I'm thinking about adding a 1" spacer to the rear springs to get a little rake back.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I installed the ReadyLift kit and mounted 285/65/20 BFG KO2 tires. No issues and the ride quality has remained somewhat the same. The bigger all-terrain tires add a little rumble compared to the stock tires but it’s as expected, nothing more. Your Duratracs will do the same (I have Duratracs on the wife’s Landcruiser and love them). I put a crappy leveling kit on a ‘04 Tundra several years ago and absolutely hated how it drove. Not the same case here! I’m very happy with my setup and would do it again. I haven’t measured but it definitely looks and feels leveled with no rake.

I’ve been poking around looking for a suitable 1” rear lift option but haven’t found a reasonable solution. It’s been talked about on here and I verified with my dealer that you “can” find rear suspension from an off-road package that is 1” taller but you need to provide the VIN from the vehicle you want it to come off. Too much time that I don’t have. Have fun with your truck! 83F8D65D-DEAA-48BC-9469-D56D940E891A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread