5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I fix this on my leather seat? Indent

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It'll go away. Mist it with plain water. Get a towel wet and wring it out mostly dry. not dripping. Put it over the seat and take a hair dryer and heat the towel up well. Pick it up and you should magically watch the dent disappear.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The above post is right. Mine have car seat indents but they go away after a couple days.

broomsky06

Reaction score
So left something on my seat for a while and forgot about it. Left this mark . Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Pic

I have had success with using a heat gun on the lowest setting held about 8" away from the indentions. It removed creases in my drivers seat of my Ram and the creases in the bucket seats of my wifes Honda Odyssey. Took about 15 minutes of going in slow motions in different directions and using a microfiber cloth to smooth the creases back into the leather, but it came out looking brand new.

Just be very careful not to get it too close to the leather or you could damage the leather.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll give another endorsement to the advice to get it a little wet and then add low heat. I used a washcloth with near boiling water followed by gentle application of heat from a hairdryer on the leather seats in our subaru to remove carseat indents before trade in and it worked well. doesn't take too much water and be careful about too much heat (i.e. a heat gun is o.k. but be careful, hair dryer is better)

Ramher69

Reaction score
I'll give another endorsement to the advice to get it a little wet and then add low heat. I used a washcloth with near boiling water followed by gentle application of heat from a hairdryer on the leather seats in our subaru to remove carseat indents before trade in and it worked well. doesn't take too much water and be careful about too much heat (i.e. a heat gun is o.k. but be careful, hair dryer is better)
Thanks man. Not sure if moisture got in it but the seat feels bit crunchy as well when pressed.will the heat help that?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't use a heat gun. They get way too hot, you'll cook the leather. Use a hair dryer. you almost can't hurt it with a hair dryer. You can smoke the leather and burn it with a heat gun, plus if you touch the tip to anything it'll melt burn on contact.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man. Not sure if moisture got in it but the seat feels bit crunchy as well when pressed.will the heat help that?
Hard to say but the point of 'steaming' the leather through moisture and heat might help. I was thinking more about my experience and recalled I actually used an iron and a wet towel - get the towel moist and then lay it on the seat and use the iron to heat and steam the seat. You need to be very careful to never touch the iron to anything directly etc. but that was what ultimately worked best for me.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A professional auto upholstery shop can fix that pretty easily, they us a special steam iron designed for leather.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or you could just get someone pretty big and fat to ride around in your passenger side for a while, the combination of moisture and heat from their *** will naturally steam it away. Of course, it will mean you'll have to buy more gas :p

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Or you could just get someone pretty big and fat to ride around in your passenger side for a while, the combination of moisture and heat from their *** will naturally steam it away. Of course, it will mean you'll have to buy more gas :p
Then you might have to remove the butt cheese stank. I think I'd rather have his dirty, dented seat. 🤣

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then you might have to remove the butt cheese stank. I think I'd rather have his dirty, dented seat. 🤣
Reminds me of the time I was a teenager. A guy I knew (not really a friend) and me were riding around and picked up a couple of girls. I can't remember what transpired but whatever the case he ended up dropping them off without any action. When they got out of the car, one of them had pissed all over his cloth rear seat :ROFLMAO:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Clean the surface with a damp cloth and mild soap (hand soap works). Dry it with a towel then use some leather care/moisturizer on it.
Keep in mind leather is skin. Treat it like your skin, and remember that water dries it out just like your hands. Clean it and keep it moisturized, and it will look/feel great for a long time.

I've been using Armor All Leather Care Gel for several years now (on my Rams and Jeeps). It cleans and moisturizes at the same time, so you can skip the water/soap step unless the seat is really nasty for some reason. The kicker is it's surprisingly cheap and smells good too. I stumbled onto it because the expensive stuff I was previously using was out of stock. I bought a bottle of the Armor All to hold me over until the "good stuff" was back in stock, but I never bothered using the other stuff again.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I always bought seat protectors specifically designed for car seats. They have strategically placed padding and do a good job. I would look into buying one.

Sandalya

Reaction score
I noticed your post from a year ago about the mark on your leather seat. It's unfortunate that it's been there for a while, but there's still hope for addressing it. While I can't provide an immediate solution, I can offer some advice.

Over time, leather can develop patina, which might actually help diminish the appearance of the mark. However, if it's still bothering you, you can consider the following:

Consult a Professional: A professional leather repair expert might have techniques to restore your seat's appearance.
If you're interested in the craftsmanship behind leather, especially Italian leather, you might find this article intriguing:
https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/italian-leather. While it's unrelated to your issue, it offers insights into the artistry of leather production.

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Keep in mind leather is skin. Treat it like your skin, and remember that water dries it out just like your hands. Clean it and keep it moisturized, and it will look/feel great for a long time.
It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told. It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

Users who are viewing this thread