5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I delete the ANC?

Rapchizzle

Reaction score
Hello! I got a 2020 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab with 5.7 Hemi a couple days ago and am just learning about the ANC. I do not like how it affects the sound when listening to music and want to disable it. I have tried searching but have been unsuccessful.

Is there a way to disconnect the ANC or delete the system altogether? I don’t mind engine noise if it means no annoying distortion to my music.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. There are a couple options, depending on which audio system you have.
Cheapest way is to disconnect two pins which are the cabin feedback microphones.

I have the non-amplified system, and settled on a Datalink Maestro ACC-ANC-CH3 bypass cable that I got from Crutchfield. After installing it, I notice there is no longer anything connected to the module under the driver seat, and there is a good chance that space may be taken over by amateur radio. A job for another day, as they say.

The amplified (HK?) system may take a different cable, I'm not sure. HTH.

Rapchizzle

Reaction score
I have the unamplified basic audio system with 8.4 inch screen.

Are there any diagrams or instructions for finding those two wires?

N7GZN

Reaction score
Check out this thread, also you could put in some more details about your Ram in your signature this would allow forum members to better answer questions you may have about your truck. Information to include such as the trim level, engine type, option packages and modifications that have done.
Welcome to the forum.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
If you have the 9-speaker mid tier system, it's unpin these 4 wires (one for each ANC mic) under the drivers seat. I upgraded the 6x9's in the door and the truck was undriveable due to thunderous speaker feedback. There are cleaner bypass cables you can use instead though, as mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 5

Philth

Reaction score
In my 2018 Trackhawk which most likely has the same ANC set up, you could disable it by unplugging one of the 4 mics in the headliner. PAC Audio also makes a plug and play bypass harness, if I'm not mistaken.

Rapchizzle

Reaction score
This has been super helpful. I have ordered the bypass harness and some Kicker 6x9s for all 4 doors from Crutchfield. Thank you!

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
There are also harnesses you can get for about $20-$30 that don't require the pins to be popped out of the harness if you're hesitant to do that. PAC makes one and there are some other vendors that made similar ones. Just google "ANC bypass" for your model year.

Users who are viewing this thread