5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can confirm Rams at Belvedere

Brand new Ram 1500s as far as you can see on the northwest side of the Belvedere plant. That parking lot is full of them. Went that way this morning on my way to northern Wisconsin.
Doesn't make sense, unless dealers are refusing them as stock orders or there are build issues (missing parts or chips, etc)...

Belvedere production is still shut down, right?

Curious if that's their staging/storage area until shipment. 🤔
Brand new Ram 1500s as far as you can see on the northwest side of the Belvedere plant. That parking lot is full of them. Went that way this morning on my way to northern Wisconsin.

Belvedere production is still shut down, right?
That's correct.

Doubtful. The trucks are likely incomplete builds or there's a hold on shipping them for some reason (QC or dealers don't want them) - purely speculation on my part though. No other reason you'd move them THAT far from the plant to "stage"...plenty of lots around Detroit...

Screenshot_20240706_231029_Maps.jpg

My 2019 was built and shipped to Toledo within a day or two after production. It sat there in a FCA yard for a few days until it was loaded on a carrier and trucked to my dealer in central Indiana (my dealer had two Rams and 3 Jeeps on that truck - I happened to be driving by, saw it turn in, and knew my truck was delivering that day). There just happened to be two Delmonico's on it.

Yup They get loaded onto trains there... Also, Across From there there Are being built massive buildings.

I'm pretty sure it's not because they have too many of them, my local dealers hardly have any trucks right now.

A few months ago they probably had 80 to 100 on their lots, now in the teens.

I'm pretty sure it's not because they have too many of them, my local dealers hardly have any trucks right now.

A few months ago they probably had 80 to 100 on their lots, now in the teens.
Then I'd bet it's a QC issue... if dealers are low on trucks, you'd ship them right out vs to a parking lot at a empty plant...

As someone who works at a non-Stellantis car factory I can confirm that there is a good reason people say you shouldn't buy the first year of an all-new car model. Even though in this case it's still a 5th gen there is significant changes for 2025 model year. There are always extra cars stacked outside where I work for cars that need some things added after the fact or simply fixed before the cars really start flowing to the dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back