5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone tell me what the bottom bracket with slotted holes are for on my cargo side rails?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure. My rails don't have those. I'd assume that bed accessories would mount there though.

2015MustangGT

Reaction score
I don't know for sure. My rails don't have those. I'd assume that bed accessories would mount there though.
It’s also slotted on top. Guessing the same, must have a purpose, but the dealership couldn’t tell me.

Ramfirsttimer2019

Reaction score
I am not sure, but I would love to have your rails vs mine. I have the black ones that come with the factory tonneau cover and bought an aftermarket cover (bakflip F1), but it fits only on the silver ones you have. Want to trade rails? you can have the black ones and the tonneau cover. (I'm in CT)

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m just guessing as I really don’t know , but maybe it’s just to allow water to drain instead of puddling in the track .

Users who are viewing this thread