5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone recommend a Dash Board Cover?

2001gw

Reaction score
My dash gets so hot (Florida sun) that sometimes it's almost impossible to lay my hand on it. Thinking about the leather and the stitching I imagine that after a while bad things will start happening.

I've been looking at dash covers. Found several online but if anyone has had experience (good or bad) with a particular brand please let me know. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

2001gw

Reaction score
I received 2 swatches from Covercraft. They are nice but I want to see what else is out there.

2001gw

Reaction score
The two swatches I received from covercraft are like a fuzzy/felt material. They have several types of material.

sessman

Reaction score
Tint your windshield with 3M Crystalline 70 - reduces a crazy amount of the heat and 99.9% of the UV rays which is what destroys your dash.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dash rugs are ugly. I ran one of these in every truck I owned while living in Phoenix and I never had a cracked dash.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have had dashmats in all my vehicles. Am not a fan of the carpet material, and have had velour and suede mats. I opted for a Dash Designs Dashtex type mat for my 5th Gen. Was on the fence for a bit, mainly because that is alot of dash to cover, but after all was done, am happy with how it looks. The Dashtex material, to me, blends well with the cloth material interior. Also a bit cheaper than the Dasmat or Cover King mats and is a perfect fit. Been a few months and nothing to complain about with the mat. Good luck👍

Attachments

• 20220618_093341.jpg
    20220618_093341.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220618_093356.jpg
    20220618_093356.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 59

2001gw

Reaction score
Have had dashmats in all my vehicles. Am not a fan of the carpet material, and have had velour and suede mats. I opted for a Dash Designs Dashtex type mat for my 5th Gen. Was on the fence for a bit, mainly because that is alot of dash to cover, but after all was done, am happy with how it looks. The Dashtex material, to me, blends well with the cloth material interior. Also a bit cheaper than the Dasmat or Cover King mats and is a perfect fit. Been a few months and nothing to complain about with the mat. Good luck👍

Is that Black or Charcoal? That looks good. (y)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread