5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t decide what route to go? ORG guys need help?

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve been racking my brain for weeks now on what kit/ or combo to go with? I don’t want a full 6”. The truck has the ORG package and stock now it sits 37 1/4 in the front and dead even 40” in the rear. I want some rake to it cause of towing my boat and I want to run 35s on the truck without having to get a grinder after my fenders, I’m ok with some plastic trimming. The wheels I chose or like come in 20x10 or 22x10 but both are -18 offset. Maybe I need to go with a 295 tire if so. But I don’t really want to sacrifice ride quality for looks just to clear tires. What’s the best route you think to go? I’m leaning towards bilsteins but afraid may not be enough plus they’re on back order! 😖just confused!

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the FOX DSC shocks and Clayton rear springs. This set up seems to work well for a lot of people. I can let you know once I get them installed.

Last edited:

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
I don’t really care the cost, just don’t want to spend ton of money and not clear the 35s, don’t want to sacrifice ride quality for looks ya know. Just want to see other peoples experiences that have the orp, I’m almost just tempted to buy stock springs and purchase the readylift kit and sell my orp springs

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I never understood why someone orders the ORG to toss it and do a lift.

Not that I haven't pissed away a ton of money on trucks, jeeps, cars and motorcycles. :p

Wch_chip

Reaction score

Not that I haven't pissed away a ton of money on trucks, jeeps, cars and motorcycles. :p
I bought a BtS so I'm slightly different. But I always felt that way about people buying Z71 trucks. So I understand where you are coming from.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score

I wanted the locking diff , but if I knew before hand when I ordered my truck that it was this complicated to level it to clear some 35s I would have opt out on the option! Bilsteins are hell to get now, and the readylift 3.5 sst is the only option I seen working for people other than a full suspension lift which I don’t want to go that high and most those lifts still maintain your factory front suspension

Users who are viewing this thread