5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera ahead notification too loud.

TripleB

Reaction score
I’m almost 62 and I feel like a senile person that can’t get his medicine bottle open.

There’s at least three speed cameras near where i live.

When I’m approaching either of them, my Uconnect screams at me. There’s a speed camera head.

I have fooled with the settings a teeny bit, but I want to get a little direction before I spend more time.

I don’t really want to turn the notification off because I have been caught by those cameras a couple times when I’m not paying attention.

I’d like to lower the volume on the notifications and keep it that way.

I guess the problem is I’m not certain what audio volume setting needs to be changed.

I cant tell yet if its the Navigation audio or maybe a CarPlay notification audio or some thing else.

Thank you.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m almost 62 and I feel like a senile person that can’t get his medicine bottle open.

There’s at least three speed cameras near where i live.

When I’m approaching either of them, my Uconnect screams at me. There’s a speed camera head.

I have fooled with the settings a teeny bit, but I want to get a little direction before I spend more time.

I don’t really want to turn the notification off because I have been caught by those cameras a couple times when I’m not paying attention.

I’d like to lower the volume on the notifications and keep it that way.

I guess the problem is I’m not certain what audio volume setting needs to be changed.

I cant tell yet if its the Navigation audio or maybe a CarPlay notification audio or some thing else.

Thank you.
While it is talking about the camera, adjust the volume at that time.

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
Agreed, but every time you re-start the truck that resets, so it's not a one and done.

If you're using Waze, you can go into that app on your phone and select which items it screams to you. I got tired of hearing about the 15 disabled vehicles on my morning commute real quick and turned that one off.

If you don't want to wait for it to talk to you, you can also adjust the radio volume just so the bar comes up momentarily on the top of the screen. When it does, click on it and it should drop down with options to adjust other volumes. You can adjust the navigation volume from there.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agreed, but every time you re-start the truck that resets, so it's not a one and done.

If you're using Waze, you can go into that app on your phone and select which items it screams to you. I got tired of hearing about the 15 disabled vehicles on my morning commute real quick and turned that one off.

If you don't want to wait for it to talk to you, you can also adjust the radio volume just so the bar comes up momentarily on the top of the screen. When it does, click on it and it should drop down with options to adjust other volumes. You can adjust the navigation volume from there.
It never resets on me, at least on Android Auto.

TripleB

Reaction score
I lowered the volume in Waze, and now the volume in the truck when it sees a camera is good.

I guess a part of feeling dumb about it is I don’t know which ap is actually talking to the truck. I guess if I have CarPlay going it can be whatever I choose. Apple Maps, Google or Carplay. but I’m pretty sure the truck also alerts when it sees cameras just depends which one takes precedence.

I definitely like using CarPlay for areas that cops like the hide out but when I’m doing a real trip I prefer Google it’s more accurate for me.

I pretty much always have CarPlay up because I stick my phone in there soon as I get in the truck so I’ll take turns with Waze google and Apple Maps and see what volume notifications I get, but I’m real happy with how it is now using Waze.

Users who are viewing this thread