5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Came back over from the otherside

hoejef

Reaction score
Just traded in my 2006 Longhorn 5.9 Cummins and purchased new to me 2021 Laramie. Wow lots of questions.

hoejef

Reaction score
Congrats! Start with any question.
Thx Kdoublep, tackling a couple of issues, one is the FCV not working and took it to dealer and they are useless as they said no codes cant do anything. Today taking it to a glass shop to let them see if the camera is working . The other issue is my Uconnect 12" system is way behind on its software. I dont know if there is any benefits in doing the upgrade as I use Google Maps but it is nice having the full nav screen thru Uconnect. Please tell to leave Uconnect alone and move on as I have been milling thru a million threads on here LOL

RVTRKN

Reaction score
When I traded in my 2019 3500 HO to a 2020 1500, I did not want the 12" radio. Even though I liked the truck functions controlled on the screen, the NAV was worthless. You'll be better using google maps, the truck NAV doesn't work when using Google or Apple maps. I wanted to use both on a 5K mile round trip with the 12" NAV to track major cities and distances, as soon as I used my Apple play NAV, it quit. Of coarse I never learned all of that 12" radio, its to complicated. My advise is to study up on that radio, and use it often to get better with it. I learned the hard way having an early 12" radio, not alot info on it at the time. An example: I wanted to set my trailer brake controller to my heavy 5th Wheel, and I couldn't figure it out, it turned out the user manual for the truck, not the radio, did not mention if you had the 12" radio, your trailer brake controller is adjusted through the 12" radio. I had to blog on Cummins Forum to find that out, the owners manual had no mention of it.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately others have experienced similar issues. I do not have the 12" screen or FCV so I'm no help for you there.

hoejef

Reaction score
When I traded in my 2019 3500 HO to a 2020 1500, I did not want the 12" radio. Even though I liked the truck functions controlled on the screen, the NAV was worthless. You'll be better using google maps, the truck NAV doesn't work when using Google or Apple maps. I wanted to use both on a 5K mile round trip with the 12" NAV to track major cities and distances, as soon as I used my Apple play NAV, it quit. Of coarse I never learned all of that 12" radio, its to complicated. My advise is to study up on that radio, and use it often to get better with it. I learned the hard way having an early 12" radio, not alot info on it at the time. An example: I wanted to set my trailer brake controller to my heavy 5th Wheel, and I couldn't figure it out, it turned out the user manual for the truck, not the radio, did not mention if you had the 12" radio, your trailer brake controller is adjusted through the 12" radio. I had to blog on Cummins Forum to find that out, the owners manual had no mention of it.
Thanks RV I spoke to Uconnect support and was really just wanting to get the Software updated and she said to take it to the dealer and they can do it.
She also said if they charge you they would reimburse me

hoejef

Reaction score
Here's todays update in regards to FCW, at this point had to the dealership no codes oh well they said. Then took it to the windshield company and they scanned the camera and no faults. Called Ram support and she said it had been a known issue but did not elaborate and will escalate. It just blow my mind that with all the threads that I have read, I can't find an answer to somebody cracking the code. I know i am late to this party being that its 2021 but still would like to have the option to use it or not.
Thanks for the replies

Users who are viewing this thread