5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camber adjustment?

DaveC

Reaction score
Is camber adjustable on a 2019 3500 4x4? I'm a long way from home with a camper loaded on the back, and my right outside front tire is worn. Steering is pulling. I can visually see the the camber is severe. I didn't notice this 20230518_081754.jpg before, might be getting worse as ive been driving. About 25k miles on odometer, truck is usually loaded to over 13k pounds, although the camper weight is on the rear wheels. I can either push 230 miles to place that can accommodate truck + camper, or go local place and see if I can drop camper while they look. Camper is what I'm staying in though!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is camber adjustable on a 2019 3500 4x4? I'm a long way from home with a camper loaded on the back, and my right outside front tire is worn. Steering is pulling. I can visually see the the camber is severe. I didn't notice this View attachment 158995 before, might be getting worse as ive been driving. About 25k miles on odometer, truck is usually loaded to over 13k pounds, although the camper weight is on the rear wheels. I can either push 230 miles to place that can accommodate truck + camper, or go local place and see if I can drop camper while they look. Camper is what I'm staying in though!

So, this is a 1500 forum, and you may find more knowledgeable answers on the HD forum.

Having said that, I'll take a guess, though I may be FOS.

I think the 3500's have a beam axle on the front, unlike the wishbone independent setup on the 1500's. So if there is camber adjustment, it will most likely involve sliding or rotating knuckle bushings, which may not be much different than replacing knuckle bushings. Or you may have one or more bushings wearing out. Or something bent, but I think you'd have noticed hitting something that hard. Either way, I'd want to get weight off that wheel and figure out what's loose/bent/worn/slipped pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread