5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California dealerships

Britbox1

Reaction score
Anyone have experience negotiating a new 2019 model in California?

PwC

Reaction score
I live in northern california and I ordered my Limited on 11/3. It just went KZ, is in transit and I should get it in a few weeks. MSRP was 71,090. My purchase price was basically Invoice less holdback or 61, 921. I also got 3000 in rebates. So total purchase was 58, 921 plus TTL & fees

metb4

Reaction score
I bought my Laramie from Shaver CDJR in Thousand Oaks. Pleasant experience I must say.

I had a Laramie on order that Ram screwed up somehow; had been sitting in storage in Sterling Heights for 2 months with no end in sight. So that might have been in my favor when negotiating the price for the one I finally bought off their lot. Got it for over $11,000 less than sticker.

Britbox1

Reaction score
I live in northern california and I ordered my Limited on 11/3. It just went KZ, is in transit and I should get it in a few weeks. MSRP was 71,090. My purchase price was basically Invoice less holdback or 61, 921. I also got 3000 in rebates. So total purchase was 58, 921 plus TTL & fees
Would you mind telling me what city and what dealership?, Also did you negotiate all this through email or did you hustle with a sales person face-to-face ?

Britbox1

Reaction score
I bought my Laramie from Shaver CDJR in Thousand Oaks. Pleasant experience I must say.

I had a Laramie on order that Ram screwed up somehow; had been sitting in storage in Sterling Heights for 2 months with no end in sight. So that might have been in my favor when negotiating the price for the one I finally bought off their lot. Got it for over $11,000 less than sticker.
Yeah, they probably did hook you up for the inconvenience a bit, trying to do some research on dealerships in California that are willing to give good deals

metb4

Reaction score
Yeah, they probably did hook you up for the inconvenience a bit, trying to do some research on dealerships in California that are willing to give good deals
I had a lot of trouble getting salesmen to respond to emails; phone calls were way more effective. And I could never get a quote by email either. Had to haggle in person.

Check out Hunter CDJR (Lancaster) and Crown CDJR (Ventura); they both tend to have massive inventories, so you can prob get a great deal buying one off their lot.

RichT

Reaction score
Bought mine in Gilroy. "Drive a little, save a lot" blah blah blah ;)

Was true in my case though. Was shopping for a Rebel 12 and nobody in the area that had one was budging from their internet price -incentives. Gilroy's dealer discount was $9k, lowest online I found by a decent margin.

...other then that, they are worthless though, but they move a ton of volume. Wouldn't doubt it if the other dealers in the area are not real happy about their cars rolling in for service either, but meh, none of the ones nearest me had a 12 either, so hopefully they will not treat me too poorly should I need service.

Good luck

Britbox1

Reaction score
Bought mine in Gilroy. "Drive a little, save a lot" blah blah blah ;)

Was true in my case though. Was shopping for a Rebel 12 and nobody in the area that had one was budging from their internet price -incentives. Gilroy's dealer discount was $9k, lowest online I found by a decent margin.

...other then that, they are worthless though, but they move a ton of volume. Wouldn't doubt it if the other dealers in the area are not real happy about their cars rolling in for service either, but meh, none of the ones nearest me had a 12 either, so hopefully they will not treat me too poorly should I need service.

Good luck
So did you have to negotiate to your price through email or was it an actual posted price on their website?

Britbox1

Reaction score
I'm currently talking to 3 or 4 different dealers for a 2019 Limited 4x4.
I would appreciate it if you posted which dealership you finally went with and what kind of deal they were able to make for you

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I also purchased my truck at Gilroy Ram prices are upfront and they offer big dealer discount + whatever the rebate is

PwC

Reaction score
I used Walnut Creek CDJR. It's my local dealer, and I did it f2f. I knew invoice going in and I just sat down with him man to man and said i am willing to order and sign today, I want invoice less holdback and you keep the dealer cash. It was pretty straightforward and they are a good dealer. That was the deal we signed.

RichT

Reaction score
So did you have to negotiate to your price through email or was it an actual posted price on their website?

I had to call and then get no call back and eventually visit. They didn't budge off the sticker -$9k dealer -incentives (that I did not qualify for).

Price was listed on their website.

It should probably be pointed out that I am also a terrible negotiator, but there were also maybe 4 Rebel 12's within 100 miles at the time and was also closest to what I wanted option wise (errrrrr 33 gallon tank I want you)

PwC

Reaction score
I have never bought a car off the lot. Spending such a significant amount, I want to get exactly what I want. Having patience and ordering from a dealer- everyone wins. You get what you want, dealer gets a sale but has no inventory holding costs etc. All it costs the dealer is the time it takes to proces an order. They get the sale, counts towards quota etc. win/win

Britbox1

Reaction score
I used Walnut Creek CDJR. It's my local dealer, and I did it f2f. I knew invoice going in and I just sat down with him man to man and said i am willing to order and sign today, I want invoice less holdback and you keep the dealer cash. It was pretty straightforward and they are a good dealer. That was the deal we signed.
Would you mind telling me how you were able to find out true invoice price?

Britbox1

Reaction score
I have never bought a car off the lot. Spending such a significant amount, I want to get exactly what I want. Having patience and ordering from a dealer- everyone wins. You get what you want, dealer gets a sale but has no inventory holding costs etc. All it costs the dealer is the time it takes to proces an order. They get the sale, counts towards quota etc. win/win
I agree, as I would special order mine as well. So with that in mind is there a way I can find out true invoice price on the one I want so i have a good idea as to what a good deal is ? I’ve read that some are getting 6% below invoice in other states

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread