5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California AB 1824

chrisfuss

Reaction score
It is hilarious what people in the US think communism is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm no fan of California... but are the politicians to blame?

When you have too many idiots with 150 dB pipes, you gotta do something.

Exactly the general public shouldn't have to hear someones exhaust late night or early morning. AB-1824 was voted on by 78 of the 80 assembly persons. And passed with 78 - 0, all democrat and republican rep's voted yes. There's several other laws that should be enforced more often and have mandatory fines like mudflaps on vehicles with the tires hanging out past the wheel wells kicking up rocks and debris at 70 mph on the freeway and every a hole that puts a cheap e-bay HID kit in their reflector headlamps and blinds on coming traffic.

Jenks

Reaction score
What republicans?? This states as blue as they get. Thats why its goin to hell.

Pribilof

Reaction score
Loud exhaust is banned **** near country wide.

California was just behind the times

https://www.semasan.com/resources/exhaust-noise-laws-state

Gimme a break! That website lists CO as stringent but if you actually read the ordinance a violation is a Class B traffic Infraction. Punishable by zero points and fines ranging from $15 to $100. LOL.

My mustang has no cats and a loud muffler. You can hear it from a mile away. Zero tickets. Cops in this state have better things to do than write $15 tickets for loud exhausts.

The CA law is so they can specifically target street racers and clamp down on CARB violations. As stated earlier the law doesn't even apply to vehicles with GVWR over 6k lbs.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Lived in China for 6 years and I never had any more freedom anywhere in the world... there are a few things you don’t mess around with like political stuff but beyond that nobody gives a **** whatsoever... and the Chinese are very well aware of what’s going on and how to get around if they need to...

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lived in China for 6 years and I never had any more freedom anywhere in the world... there are a few things you don’t mess around with like political stuff but beyond that nobody gives a **** whatsoever... and the Chinese are very well aware of what’s going on and how to get around if they need to...

You may know better than me, but ask a Chinese (in China) about Tiananmen Square and receive either a cold-white stare or one of puzzlement. Those old enough to remember too afraid to speak and those too young never heard of it due to web blocks.

Not my idea of freedom...

chrisfuss

Reaction score
You may know better than me, but ask a Chinese (in China) about Tiananmen Square and receive either a cold-white stare or one of puzzlement. Those old enough to remember too afraid to speak and those too young never heard of it due to web blocks.

Not my idea of freedom...

Hey I never said it’s perfect and sure there are loads of things to complain about the political system so is here in the us Chinese got free healthcare the US is the most ****ed up healthcare system in the world not my idea of humanity and freedom either... however it still is much much different from what you guys here think it is! The young Chinese are all on Facebook btw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What republicans?? This states as blue as they get. Thats why its goin to hell.
There are 25 Republican assembly persons 23 voted yes 2 didn't vote, all 55 dems voted yes. 78-0 . Southern cal and the bay area are blue, northern ca and the central valley are red, one of the reasons people want to split the state up into multiple states. This is not really a partisan issue, the majority of society as a whole doesn't want to hear the vehicles of the few. It really is an example of democracy not communism.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I never said it’s perfect and sure there are loads of things to complain about the political system so is here in the us Chinese got free healthcare the US is the most ****ed up healthcare system in the world not my idea of humanity and freedom either... however it still is much much different from what you guys here think it is! The young Chinese are all on Facebook btw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. There is no arguing that point... no country is perfect. I spent some time in Hong Kong and Guangzhou.

RichT

Reaction score
lol, i live in California and my wife grew up in Shanghai.

most of you are wrong....about everything.

carry on.

Pribilof

Reaction score
There are 25 Republican assembly persons 23 voted yes 2 didn't vote, all 55 dems voted yes. 78-0 . Southern cal and the bay area are blue, northern ca and the central valley are red, one of the reasons people want to split the state up into multiple states. This is not really a partisan issue, the majority of society as a whole doesn't want to hear the vehicles of the few. It really is an example of democracy not communism.

One thing that shoots down this argument is that the fine for texting and driving is significantly lower than the fine for a loud exhaust. I understand your position that you should not have to listen to somebody else's loud exhaust. However, studies have shown that texting and driving is more dangerous than drinking and driving. Don't you think the punishment for texting while driving should be at least as bad as a loud exhaust?

The fine in California for a violation of the hands-free law is $162.

Additionally, this law doesn't even apply to trucks. I guess the great State of California is more concerned with a loud Civic or mustang then a truck with straight pipes.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think most people don't know the difference between a democracy and a republic.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing that shoots down this argument is that the fine for texting and driving is significantly lower than the fine for a loud exhaust. I understand your position that you should not have to listen to somebody else's loud exhaust. However, studies have shown that texting and driving is more dangerous than drinking and driving. Don't you think the punishment for texting while driving should be at least as bad as a loud exhaust?

The fine in California for a violation of the hands-free law is $162.

Additionally, this law doesn't even apply to trucks. I guess the great State of California is more concerned with a loud Civic or mustang then a truck with straight pipes.

Actually I think your license should be suspended for 3 months along with a mandatory 1000 dollar fine for texting and driving.

Jenks

Reaction score
Used to be red here. Things have changed drastically in the past 5 years. I live in nevada county. We get more people moving here from the bay area every year.

Users who are viewing this thread