5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California AB 1824

Longhorn

Reaction score
Sucks to be in California with a modified exhaust.... $999.00 + ticket started Jan 1st. 2019 California ab 1824.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Sounds like Germany. They can’t modify anything without some crazy approvals from some agency. At least that’s how I was told it was when I was there 12 years ago.

Jenks

Reaction score
Sounds like Germany. They can’t modify anything without some crazy approvals from some agency. At least that’s how I was told it was when I was there 12 years ago.

Yep. I am not proud to say I live in the communist state of kalifornia!

chrisfuss

Reaction score

Yea but at least cars in Germany are generally safe... Look at the pieces of **** that drive on us roads... And in Germany there is also no way to get away with it for one there are enough cops on the road that have an actual mandate to enforce it, they stop you, and if it's significant they'll take the car from you on the spot... Oh and they stop you and you got no license or insurance? You walk home, you are in the country illegal? They take you with them... In the US? No license? No insurance? No legal status? No problem you can even get that ticket dismissed because the cop doesn't show up in court...

I may not be able to put any exhaust on my vehicle I want in Germany but I sure as hell feel safer on the roads...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pber1

Reaction score
Cops don’t care about your exhaust unless you’re driving a Honda so I’m still throwing my exhaust on the Ram as soon as it gets here!

Mason1217

Reaction score
Yea but at least cars in Germany are generally safe... Look at the pieces of **** that drive on us roads... And in Germany there is also no way to get away with it for one there are enough cops on the road that have an actual mandate to enforce it, they stop you, and if it's significant they'll take the car from you on the spot... Oh and they stop you and you got no license or insurance? You walk home, you are in the country illegal? They take you with them... In the US? No license? No insurance? No legal status? No problem you can even get that ticket dismissed because the cop doesn't show up in court...

I may not be able to put any exhaust on my vehicle I want in Germany but I sure as hell feel safer on the roads...

No no no, dont take that as Germany hating, I have an Uncle and a Cousin that live in Stuttgart, I love love love Germany. Every time I go there I miss it as soon as I get back home.

S

Smashy71

No no no, dont take that as Germany hating, I have an Uncle and a Cousin that live in Stuttgart, I love love love Germany. Every time I go there I miss it as soon as I get back home.
The Porsche museum in Stuttgart is a must see.

chrisfuss

Reaction score

Oh no didn't take it like that it was more of a reflection on how they have insane fines in case you put a louder exhaust on a perfectly safe vehicle but don't care about those wrecked corollas on slicks hold together by tape...
Or let people go who got no license and insurance...

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Sucks to be in California with a modified exhaust.... $999.00 + ticket started Jan 1st. 2019 California ab 1824.

It's basically the same law as it's always been. The major difference is that it's no longer a fix-it ticket. So you can't just get it signed off and pay $10. Now it's a $1000 fine.

I've gotten one exhaust ticket the 20 years I've lived here. Been pulled over a few times for them though. Was always from one of my cars. Not worried about it in the truck (I already swapped out the muffler on the truck).

RichT

Reaction score
Oh no didn't take it like that it was more of a reflection on how they have insane fines in case you put a louder exhaust on a perfectly safe vehicle but don't care about those wrecked corollas on slicks hold together by tape...
Or let people go who got no license and insurance...

lol, i love the california bashing that goes on in these types of threads...yet the population continues to explode.

so now in addition to hugging tree's, we are hugging none licensed or insured drivers? Do we give them free weed when the cops lets them off too? Anything else?

lol, ok.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
lol, i love the california bashing that goes on in these types of threads...yet the population continues to explode.

so now in addition to hugging tree's, we are hugging none licensed or insured drivers? Do we give them free weed when the cops lets them off too? Anything else?

lol, ok.

It was non California specific, road safety is of no priority to any state in the US in fact we got some of the highest numbers in road fatalities in the western world...

And that very incident happened in texas, illegal immigrant was rear ended by someone else, she had no license and of course no insurance, got a ticket from the cop, she fought the ticket with one of those traffic lawyers and got it dismissed...

Kidder

Reaction score
I'm no fan of California... but are the politicians to blame?

When you have too many idiots with 150 dB pipes, you gotta do something.
Voters are as much to blame, well the ones in the Bay Area, Hollyweird, and SoCal. Mmm, I love me some Kalifornia Kool-Aid. But, let's not make this more political than it already is. These laws will eventually make it to other states.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I see this thread is going to go political. I'll just say I've lived here in SoCal for 20 years. I'm selling my house this year and moving to the Arizona mountain country (rain, snow, and forest!). Arizona house is already being built. Should be complete around June/July. Going from a $2700 house payment to a $1000 house payment. My Arizona home would be $1million here in SoCal.

California has only gotten worse. There is no hope.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread