5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAI

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The high flow filter will def change intake/ turbo noise by itself. How much is up to the individual

As known on 1500, finally the factory intake is a true sealed cai.
what ya could do to test is pull air filter- take a quick trip around block, Ect. If it is up your noise level grab a drop in. If not, you will have to wait or make your own.
I’ve been looking around. Not seeing much of a silencer on factory intake.
Last note, if it’s the same intake lid and box as the hemis come with. Check the top of the lid on air box. More curious if a carbon filter is in there first. If it is that will deadin sound also. Remove it and see sound too.

HST

Reaction score
No carbon filter in my eco diesel .

HST

Reaction score
Mopar also sells their version of the K @ N filter only its blue same construction .

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar also sells their version of the K @ N filter only its blue same construction .
Haven’t seen what that costs. On the plus side, it can’t be used as a denial of warranty.

HST

Reaction score
Warranty cant be denied unless they prove the part caused the problem . The burden of proof is on the dealer as stated in the warranty protection act of 1975 .

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ that is correct. All I’m saying is it’s mopar part it can’t be of any issue.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Warranty cant be denied unless they prove the part caused the problem . The burden of proof is on the dealer as stated in the warranty protection act of 1975 .
True, but they can deny(with some BS excuse) and then it's up to fight them. They can claim anything they want and then it's put on you to argue /prove them wrong.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

HST

Reaction score
Sorry the ones i have seen are for the Gen 4 trucks .

Users who are viewing this thread