5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAI

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
Has anyone installed or confirmed that Cold Air Intakes have been made for the 2020 ED?
AFE says they make one, but all the applications on their website stop at 2018 model year

HST

Reaction score
I would be happy if K & N came out with a filter replacement .

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
It's a little frustrating. All kinds of CAI for the 5.7, nothing for the ED. I guess the 3rd gen ED is still fairly new..... I guess we can all keep an eye out.... when a reputable manufacturer makes one, maybe we can all do a group buy and get a deal :unsure:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Turbocharged engines usually do not benefit from CAI, but rather from an upgraded intercooler. Could be why CAI aren't really available

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
Turbocharged engines usually do not benefit from CAI, but rather from an upgraded intercooler. Could be why CAI aren't really available
I know what you’re saying.
I can’t speak for the other guys, but personally, I’m just looking for a little more turbo noise, and to maximize MPG

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Makes me wish I kept my first gen 5.9, that had wonderful turbo spool and no intercooler to block the sound

HST

Reaction score
diesels do benefit from better air flow just like all engines. Engines of all types are nothing but air pumps . While you wait for a good CAI system to come out you can get a
K & N filter for your diesel it is the same one used for the 5.7 hemi . The new DT trucks all use the same air box . K & N filter # 33-2247 i know i just installed one.

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
K&N filers are not recommended for daily driven trucks, to get the higher air flow the K&N (heavily) sacrifices filtration. I won't go as far as providing links to proof but if you do a quick google search on "K&N diesel dusting" you could read for days! It is crazy to see how much dirt and dust get by the K&N filters.

K&N in intended for drag strip use where the dust is low and maximum air flow is needed.

I would go as far as not buying a used truck if it had a K&N in it!

HST

Reaction score
What ever , i have been running them for 30 years . The dodge i just got rid of was 20 years old . All my BMW have them also . If its on the internet it must be true .
I guess i had better call Gale Banks and tell him to stop selling them . That man forgot more about diesel engines than most people know .

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
What ever , i have been running them for 30 years . The dodge i just got rid of was 20 years old . All my BMW have them also . If its on the internet it must be true .
I guess i had better call Gale Banks and tell him to stop selling them . That man forgot more about diesel engines than most people know .

Yup that's the cool thing about life, you can make your own choices based on your own research! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread