5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"CAI" dyno

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, but, not a Hemi, not a Ram, not a 2019... This really belongs in the off topic section. Your thread title is going to lure a bunch of people in here looking for a Ram CAI and they'll find an old Chevy...

I have to say, I'm impressed with the numbers they got though. Not sure how reliable they are, but, seemed relatively "scientific".

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, but, not a Hemi, not a Ram, not a 2019... This really belongs in the off topic section. Your thread title is going to lure a bunch of people in here looking for a Ram CAI and they'll find an old Chevy...

I have to say, I'm impressed with the numbers they got though. Not sure how reliable they are, but, seemed relatively "scientific".

hey thanks! i was not sure what section it goes in.i tried to find for "Ram"but this is all i could find.but its info none the same

Lize

Reaction score
I've tried reading about CAI and haven't been able to make up my mind whether they would be worthwhile. An interesting video, thanks for posting, now sure whether the original intake was relatively poor though and hence a higher uplift than we might get on the Hemi.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've tried reading about CAI and haven't been able to make up my mind whether they would be worthwhile. An interesting video, thanks for posting, now sure whether the original intake was relatively poor though and hence a higher uplift than we might get on the Hemi.
thanks "Lize",that was the point i was trying to make.regardless whether its a "Ford"or what ever.it at least give you and idea.which we see less of these type of vid dyno! (y) (y)

mass-hole

Reaction score

I can tell you that my F150 Ecoboost on the stock intake with paper filter from CarQuest sees a 5% pressure drop across the filter. I can tell because the EB has a pressure sensor just inside the intake after the filter and I know the ambient air pressure.

So even with no filter at all and zero pressure drop I could pick up at most 5%. My guess is the reality is more like <2%.

unless ram royal screwed the pooch on the stock air box the results would be similar.

Lize

Reaction score
It was raining and quite cool all day today, kept having the back slide out :D, wonder if that was due to better air and increased power :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread