5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin odor

Adl.42375

Reaction score
For some reason when I open the door to get in my truck.. there is a strong cat urine odor.. inside.. we don't have a cat nor has one been inside. I read it could be from filter or a leak or clogged drain in sunroof? It's 22 with 8k on it.. the odor goes away after a few minutes.. weird.

Reactions: Jtr

Ulster

Reaction score
I would also check for a rodent nest somewhere under the hood. If you find signs of nesting, best to get on that right away.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason when I open the door to get in my truck.. there is a strong cat urine odor.. inside.. we don't have a cat nor has one been inside. I read it could be from filter or a leak or clogged drain in sunroof? It's 22 with 8k on it.. the odor goes away after a few minutes.. weird.
Glad you posted this. I’ve got a 22 as well and it looks like I will need a water pump replacement by the sound coming from the engine bay. I’ve got the same urine smell and it is brief upon getting in or opening windows while driving so I’m curious what you found out about this.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Glad you posted this. I’ve got a 22 as well and it looks like I will need a water pump replacement by the sound coming from the engine bay. I’ve got the same urine smell and it is brief upon getting in or opening windows while driving so I’m curious what you found out about this.
If you're in need of assistance with diagnosing your vehicle, please reach out to us. We'd be happy to get you some help.

Callie
Ram Cares

Reactions: Jtr

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online