5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab vs wheel to wheel

Cab length or wheel to wheel?

• Total voters

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looking for some stats. Wheel to wheel does not seem to be popular on trucks I see out on the road. I'm considering them for bed access since I haul often. It's definitely a different look though and I'm not sure I'm digging it as far as looks.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What are you asking? Wheel to wheel or cab what? I going to assume you are talking about side steps, but nowhere do you say that. I prefer wheel to wheel, and that is what I have. The reason it isn't as popular is because there are more cab length options than wheel to wheel. But I purposely wanted wheel to wheel.

Insanity

Reaction score
I like the wheel to wheel leinght steps my self.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the cab length ones and prefer the look of cab length, I'm tall so I don't need to step on them to reach in the bed anyway. I can see where the wheel to wheel could benefit others though.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are you asking? Wheel to wheel or cab what? I going to assume you are talking about side steps, but nowhere do you say that. I prefer wheel to wheel, and that is what I have. The reason it isn't as popular is because there are more cab length options than wheel to wheel. But I purposely wanted wheel to wheel.
Yea that's what I meant. I had insomnia and was down a 2am rabbit hole. :) This forum does not help insomnia.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the looks of the cab length, but the practicality of the wheel to wheel.
That's exactly the problem I'm having. The extra step really helps me with hauling, etc. I'm only 5'7" (but I'm Italian lol). I'm just not sure I like the look. It kind of makes a short bed look like a long bed to me.

Insanity

Reaction score
I would like the step to go closer to the rear tire but that is a step I dont use much. When I do use it I really thank past insanity for thinking about future insanity. My biggest lill monster uses the rear step more than I use my step and some times I let my smallest lill monster climb in on their own. My choice of step is the havoc hs3 because of the drop and foot pad size for the lill monsters not for me. When a 2yo monster can climb in on their own that is to me a key factor for my choice.

Attachments

• 20230701_183044.jpg
    20230701_183044.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 29

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like the step to go closer to the rear tire but that is a step I dont use much. When I do use it I really thank past insanity for thinking about future insanity. My biggest lill monster uses the rear step more than I use my step and some times I let my smallest lill monster climb in on their own. My choice of step is the havoc hs3 because of the drop and foot pad size for the lill monsters not for me. When a 2yo monster can climb in on their own that is to me a key factor for my choice.
Nice! Thanks for the pic. I really appreciate seeing different styles.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I installed wheel-to-wheel on my last Ram, really liked being able to reach over the bed in front of the rear wheels. I have the cab length on my current Ram only because that is what it came with, and if I ever replace them it will be w2w again.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like the whee to wheel steps. They come in handy for accessing the bed.

If I have to replace them I’d like to get ones with three separate hoop steps.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Here's mine. Wheel to wheel look so much better than cab length.

Attachments

• 20210711_143154.jpg
    20210711_143154.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread