5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab Over America Cab Markers (LED)

dawenger85

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is interested in Cab Marker Lights for your truck I bought these wireless solar charging LED lights. They turn on and off with fobs. Check out my pictures of my truck with the lights off and on EEE03636-86DB-47E2-93E7-AC8E743E1312.jpeg 40E9DA80-77FC-46A6-B13E-86DE3D6C3579.jpeg

dawenger85

Reaction score
They are on with double sided 3m tape with 200lbs of force for each light. The lights inside are a battery pack that are solar charged and powered

puba08

Reaction score
Some day when I can afford a 2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like it. So no wiring whatsoever?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s cool. Not too crazy about the price tho

AartWessels

Reaction score
There’s some more posts about these on the forum. People complain about the short time the batteries last and the fact that they get ‘out of sync’

blckout

Reaction score
There’s some more posts about these on the forum. People complain about the short time the batteries last and the fact that they get ‘out of sync’

aw that stinks, was really thinking about these

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hammerdown Motorsports did them on his Rebel. He has a youtube channel. He.has had issues with battery life. He has had to replace batteries already. Lights not all coming on, or not all the same color when they are turned on.

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Hammerdown Motorsports did them on his Rebel. He has a youtube channel. He.has had issues with battery life. He has had to replace batteries already. Lights not all coming on, or not all the same color when they are turned on.
Yeah I saw that same video. Until they fix these issues, no way are they worth the price (I think they are like $300+?).

If they were some eBay special $75 item I'd expect these issues but for $300 absolutely not.

Also don't forget if you park in a garage during the day they're essentially useless.

truckless

Reaction score
Out of fear that every HD will laugh at me 🤣

That is one thing I miss about my 3500. But I don't think I could ever bring myself to put them on my 1500. Be like a 16 year old kid getting his first girlfriend and thinking big so he goes to the drug store and leaves with a box of Magnums :ROFLMAO:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP they look good. I've seen them too, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money. Not that they're bad, just my own issues with them.

Are you still happy with them now that they've been on your truck for about a month?

That’s cool. Not too crazy about the price tho
That was one of my issue with them. Way too expensive, for having to be turned on/off manually. I might have consider the price reasonable if they worked with your marker lights, but it bugged me that you had to turn them on/off each time. I know it's a small thing, but it bugged me just the same.
Maybe they could have a sensor that is plugged inline to one of the corner markers. That sensor sends the on/off signal to the cab lights when the marker lights turn on/off instead of using a remote.
My other issue was that I park in garage so I doubt they'd run long for me.

From what I read they resolved the sync issue by disabling the flash option that they used to have. They are only on/off now, which allegedly prevents them from getting out of sync with each other.

Out of fear that every HD will laugh at me 🤣
That is one thing I miss about my 3500. But I don't think I could ever bring myself to put them on my 1500. Be like a 16 year old kid getting his first girlfriend and thinking big so he goes to the drug store and leaves with a box of Magnums :ROFLMAO:
What does it being a 1500 have to do with anything? Technically speaking you don't need them on a 2500 or SRW 3500 either. The only truck that has to have them is a Dually because the DOT requires them for vehicles over 80" wide (that's why they have the 3 red lights on the rear too).
Speaking of, the TRX (a 1500) has them in the hood scoop. This is obviously an attempt by Dodge to be compliant with DOT regulation, by mounting them on the vertical centerline per the exception outlined in footnote 1 of the code. 49CFR393.11

At the end of the day, cab lights are a DOT requirement to alert traffic that a vehicle greater than 80" wide is approaching. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't signify it's capacity, or as HD or anything like that.
So if you're laughing at people who have them but don't need them, you should be laughing at 2500 owners with them too. Yet you can buy it from the factory with them on a 2500. So if they're good for a 2500, they're good for a 1500.

Last edited:

truckless

Reaction score
What does it being a 1500 have to do with anything? Technically speaking you don't need them on a 2500 or SRW 3500 either. The only truck that has to have them is a Dually because the DOT requires them for vehicles over 80" wide (that's why they have the 3 red lights on the rear too).
Speaking of, the TRX (a 1500) has them in the hood scoop. This is obviously an attempt by Dodge to be compliant with DOT regulation, by mounting them on the vertical centerline per the exception outlined in footnote 1 of the code. 49CFR393.11

At the end of the day, cab lights are a DOT requirement to alert traffic that a vehicle greater than 80" wide is approaching. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't signify it's capacity, or as HD or anything like that.
So if you're laughing at people who have them but don't need them, you should be laughing at 2500 owners with them too. Yet you can buy it from the factory with them on a 2500. So if they're good for a 2500, they're good for a 1500.

And now I am laughing at you for your response. You read way to much into my tiny little off the cuff comment made entirely in jest. To each their own! :ROFLMAO:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well at least I was good for a laugh then.
Sorry, I'm terrible with subtleties, sarcasm and hints, which are even harder to catch in writing so that's not uncommon for me on forums. But you got a laugh, and everyone else got some information on why cab lights are even a thing. So win-win. Good to know we've kept it entertaining. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread