5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA Dealerships - price paid for your Rebel

beemerb0y

Reaction score
This may help folks in California looking to purchase. If you purchased from a CA dealer, please share the following:

Year
Cab (quad/crew)
Engine
Options
MSRP
Manufacturer Incentives/rebates
Dealership discounts
Final price
Purchase date
Dealer name
Contact

if you had a trade involved, it’s probably best not to post your deal as there are so many variables that can go into that deal

thank you!

Hallbag

Reaction score
I was told not to deal with them on the service side but they were my best price when buying: Shaver CDJR in Thousand Oaks

Crew
5.7 non-e
Safety & Conv, Lane depart/blind spot, Rebel 12, level 2, Black appearance, 33 gal tank, spray in liner
$60,800
Don’t remember incentives
Think 7k incentive plus $500 more for showing my title of Durango (totaled) to prove repeat customer
$50,500 before TTL (56k out the door-ish)
10/20/19
Shaver CDJR
Rudy

I was in a little different of a situation though as my Durango had been totaled and I only had approval for rental for two weeks or so.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Year - 2019
Cab - Crew
Engine - 5.7L non-E
Options - 8.4 NAV, Level 2 Equipment Group, Spray-In Liner, probably something else I forgot
MSRP - $52,780
Manufacturer Incentives/rebates - Not Sure (total of 25% off MSRP on selected trucks, mix of manufacturer & dealership)
Dealership discounts - Not Sure (total of 25% off MSRP on selected trucks, mix of manufacturer & dealership)
Final price - $39,900 (before tax & fees) - $43,890 out the door
Purchase date - 6-28-19
Dealer name - San Diego Chrysler, Jeep & RAM
Contact - Mario

Traded in a vehicle, but this price was a special the dealership was doing with FCA in order to out-sell the Silverado for the quarter. My trade was a 2015 F150 that had equity, which I used for my down payment. But it didn't effect the promotion of 25% off selected trucks at the time.

Last edited:

Nsm42

Reaction score
I’ve actually been working with Shaver on a white Rebel, MSRP of $57,920. They won’t go below invoice from what they tell me. The lowest offer I received in June was $52,192 and that was with the extra $500 off for first responder discount. I’m in the process of buying in Phoenix and will pay CA sales tax once it gets here.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
I’ve actually been working with Shaver on a white Rebel, MSRP of $57,920. They won’t go below invoice from what they tell me. The lowest offer I received in June was $52,192 and that was with the extra $500 off for first responder discount. I’m in the process of buying in Phoenix and will pay CA sales tax once it gets here.
What kind of deals are to be had in PHX ?

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Who are you working with at shaver? The general manager got back to be for a truck msrp 51k for 43.5k otd a few months back but it has a 3.21 gear ratio so I had to pass.. ask to speak to the general manager

Nsm42

Reaction score
Who are you working with at shaver? The general manager got back to be for a truck msrp 51k for 43.5k otd a few months back but it has a 3.21 gear ratio so I had to pass.. ask to speak to the general manager
Funny, I’ve been working with Jacklyn who is the operations/sales manager. Based on last name I’m assuming she’s related to the general manager.

Nsm42

Reaction score
What kind of deals are to be had in PHX ?
The truck I’m waiting for delivery on retails at $58,620 and I’m being offered $51 even. Not a terrible deal but I do have to figure out how to register it in CA since it’ll be trucked to me and I won’t be paying AZ sales taxes.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The truck I’m waiting for delivery on retails at $58,620 and I’m being offered $51 even. Not a terrible deal but I do have to figure out how to register it in CA since it’ll be trucked to me and I won’t be paying AZ sales taxes.

You will still end up paying CA registration and taxes unless you do the supercar Montana thing :)

beemerb0y

Reaction score

doesnt matter where you buy and how you get it here to CA. As long as you register in CA, you will pay CA sales tax. This applies to both private party and dealer sales (mentioning this because private party sales have no sales tax in AZ)

Nsm42

Reaction score
doesnt matter where you buy and how you get it here to CA. As long as you register in CA, you will pay CA sales tax. This applies to both private party and dealer sales (mentioning this because private party sales have no sales tax in AZ)
Yes, my doubt is which forms to fill out for the CA DMV especially since they’re partially closed right now

beemerb0y

Reaction score

key word here is few months back. From everything im reading online, people were getting easily 15% off and sometimes upwards of 20-25% off Rebels between Jan-April

rebels dont have 3.21 so it must have been a regular Ram 1500?
also, if thats the ONLY thing holding you back, you can always re-gear to a higher rear end after purchase, $1500-2000.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Yes, my doubt is which forms to fill out for the CA DMV especially since they’re partially closed right now
go to AAA. If you are not a member, you can sign up right away on the spot. They handle DMV ppwk. No lines and no sloths.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yes, AAA rules when it comes to most DMV stuff, like registration and getting your sticker right away. However, the DMV isn't bad just as long as you schedule an appointment and have all your paperwork.

antwon412

Reaction score
You currently cannot register an out of state Purchased a vehicle in California. All my paperwork was submitted by myself and the dealer and I receiveD notification in the mail that I had to smog my truck and then have it verified in person at a DMV. DMV is not doing any of those type of appointments at this time. I even took the day off work and went and stood in line for two hours in the morning to take care of it and they turned me away at the door. You could see my truck from where we were standing and they would not walk over to verify the Vin of the truck matched that listed on the paperwork. When I asked what I was supposed to do the lady shrugGed and told me to make me an appointment. When I told her they weren’t accepting appointments for that she just shrugged again.

That doesn’t stop me from driving my truck and I’ve had no issues in the last three months.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
You currently cannot register an out of state Purchased a vehicle in California. All my paperwork was submitted by myself and the dealer and I receiveD notification in the mail that I had to smog my truck and then have it verified in person at a DMV. DMV is not doing any of those type of appointments at this time. I even took the day off work and went and stood in line for two hours in the morning to take care of it and they turned me away at the door. You could see my truck from where we were standing and they would not walk over to verify the Vin of the truck matched that listed on the paperwork. When I asked what I was supposed to do the lady shrugGed and told me to make me an appointment. When I told her they weren’t accepting appointments for that she just shrugged again.

That doesn’t stop me from driving my truck and I’ve had no issues in the last three months.

That sucks they make you do a smog test on a new vehicle, especially one that typical won't require a smog test until it's 5th year. Though guess it makes sense since the vehicle is coming from out of state.

Yea, the cops are taking it easy on registration stickers since they know there is a backlog at the DMV.

Nsm42

Reaction score
I do have AAA thankfully but will they be able to handle the smog/vin verification portion of the registration? I’ll also have to pay CA sales taxes so if they can handle all of that I’m in!

Skater

Reaction score
go to AAA. If you are not a member, you can sign up right away on the spot. They handle DMV ppwk. No lines and no sloths.
"... no sloths." Hilarious. :LOL: :LOL: You peeeeeggggeeeeddd it at the DMV.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
key word here is few months back. From everything im reading online, people were getting easily 15% off and sometimes upwards of 20-25% off Rebels between Jan-April

rebels dont have 3.21 so it must have been a regular Ram 1500?
also, if thats the ONLY thing holding you back, you can always re-gear to a higher rear end after purchase, $1500-2000.
Yea big horn night edition. But I ended up with a built to serve edition 55k for 45k otd mid may

Users who are viewing this thread