5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C1 and C7 pinout diagrams

Jclark316

Reaction score
I have a 19 Ram Laramie 1500. Does anybody have a diagram for the C1 and C7 pinouts? My hazard/warning lights are not working when I press the switch on the dash. The dealership cannot find the issue. I installed the factory bed lighting kit per instructions, had the dealership flash the code in, and have them working just fine. During the bed lights install, I had to change the pins in C1 and C7 per instructions. It is the only thing electrical work that has been done to the truck since purchasing in January of '19. I'm wanting to rule out the C1 and C7s from, being the issue of the problem. Thanks.

Jclark316

Reaction score
I did not discover the hazard/warning lights not working months after I installed the bed lighting kit. This is the reason I do not know if the two are connected issues. I'm really hoping they are not.

TBurton

Reaction score
The Mopar bed lights kit 8221527AB instructions have a error on plug C7. The call out for Pin 16 is in the wrong position. That pin is actually the Hazard sense wire.
1575850159680.png

Attachments

• BCM C7_G.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 60
  • BCM C1_A.pdf
    75 KB · Views: 39

Jclark316

Reaction score
The Mopar bed lights kit 8221527AB instructions have a error on plug C7. The call out for Pin 16 is in the wrong position. That pin is actually the Hazard sense wire.
View attachment 41408
Thanks TBurton. That makes sense as to why the Hazards are not working. I will try swapping the pin locations and hopefully that will work.

TBurton

Reaction score
If Hazard sense wire was removed from pin 21 it should be taped to the harness. Look for the WH/DB wire and reinsert to pin 21.

The wire for the LED bed lights in pin 16 is BG/VT.

View looking at wire insertion side C7 (G)

page2image1770464

Last edited:

Jclark316

Reaction score
Update: I changed the pins to the new locations and everything functions perfectly. Thanks T. Burton for the info. Problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/