5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buzzing Sound when pressing Brake Pedal

Maverick4

Reaction score
Have a 2020 1500 and trying to figure out what the cause is. Every time I press the brake pedal there is a buzzing/humming noise for several seconds then goes away. Almost sounds like something is engaging/disengaging. I mainly notice it when I first put it in gear or sitting in line at a red light. But happens almost always when pressing the brake pedal. Doesn't effect the operation of the truck. Just really annoying to hear all the time. Thanks.

ericd

Reaction score
The auto parking break feature has a little bit of a buzzing but that should only be happening when coming in and out of park. Maybe look down and see if the red light is coming on at the brake lever

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's something that happens in the gear selector when you press the brake, probably a solenoid stopping the knob from turning out of park.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s the actuator that enables the gear selector. It locks the trans in park, so you have to press the brake to shift

Maverick4

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. Haven't noticed the red light coming on or anything. It doesn't affect the operation of the truck. Shifts fine and all. I plan to dive into it a little more this weekend to see if anything is out of place.

nmdeere4R

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. Haven't noticed the red light coming on or anything. It doesn't affect the operation of the truck. Shifts fine and all. I plan to dive into it a little more this weekend to see if anything is out of place.
I have the same problem on my 19. I assumed it was related to my aftermarket trailer brake controller. Thought it would go away if I installed the factory controller. It didn’t….. At any rate I think it happens to a lot of them but some of us are more prone to be annoyed by it than others. It’s never seemed to affect anything. Just wanted you to know that you’re not alone

Users who are viewing this thread